News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hello CPC world!

Started by Bug Powell, 15:32, 24 May 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Bug Powell

Bug Powell is dead.

keith56

Welcome to the forum!... Good to hear you've come over to CPC side from the C64...

Well, ok, I guess you're just taking a look, but hopefully the CPC has some stuff to interest you!... The CPC's screen capabilities are quite different to the C64, not to mention the Z80 is quite different to the 6502.

Anyway, I hope you have fun, and find some stuff on the CPC to keep you amused.

Keith.
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

mr_lou

Welcome!  :)

Gryzor

Stay a while... stay forever!

SkulleateR

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:59, 25 May 21
Stay a while... stay forever!
Still missing that on CPC Version  :(

Oh btw. ... welcome here, have fun  8)

Bug Powell

Bug Powell is dead.

SkulleateR

Quote from: Bug Powell on 09:26, 25 May 21
Thank you all for the warm welcoming. Do you know a place where to learn z80 programming and CPC hardware tricks (in english)? Also, is there any discord channel dedicated to CPC programming?

Just look at the signature of keith56 above ;)

Gryzor

Oooh Keith56 rules. I follow his material even though I don't develop. Nice suggestion.

SkulleateR

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:13, 25 May 21
Oooh Keith56 rules. I follow his material even though I don't develop. Nice suggestion.
I know exactly what you are talking about  ;D

Bug Powell

Bug Powell is dead.

eto

Quote from: Bug Powell on 11:11, 25 May 21
Thank you for the link, I will have a look.

The website can be a little confusing as it's mixing stuff for many systems. But there is an overview of the CPC chapters:
https://www.chibiakumas.com/z80/AmstradCPC.php

Stick to them, then it's really nice, relatively easy to understand content and I don't anything better to cover the fun side of assembler game development.

Most other books/articles that I found yet are either a lot more theoretical and covering pure basics of assembler programming or already so advanced that it's unlikely a newbie would understand it. But you still might want to read an Amstrad specific Assembler tutorial/book in parallel to get the insights of the Z80 and the Amstrad hardware/firmware specifics as that is not covered systematically on the website.

Plenty of books can be found here: https://acpc.me/index.php#ACME/LITTERATURE_LIVRES

Unfortunately I can't give any specific recommendation as I didn't check the English books yet.

ComSoft6128

Quote from: Bug Powell on 15:32, 24 May 21
Hello. Coming from the c64 scene, I recently discovered the CPC world and I am very curious about it. I am mainly interested by demos but also have a look on games when they are fun. Maybe I will give a try to z80 programming. Cheers!

Hi @Bug Powell , have you posted anything in the C64 Forum's?
If so, please post a link(s) so I can read them. :)

Bug Powell

Bug Powell is dead.

ComSoft6128

Curiosity.
You have made some interesting observations here and I want to see if you made any in the C64 community.

Bug Powell

Bug Powell is dead.

keith56

Quote from: Bug Powell on 17:08, 20 July 21
Reading the reactions to my posts, I do not feel that my posts are interesting! I just feel that I am unpolite, hypocritical, agressive, and a troll. What a bad guy.

CPC wiki and MSX.org are the only two retro forums I ever post to, as they have communities which seem to reply with positivity and constructive feedback...

I'm not going to throw any forums under the bus, but there's others I've posted to in the past I won't go back to because of the general attitude on those forums.
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!