News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hello from wales!

Started by Cunnah, 17:21, 07 February 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunnah

Hi,

My first computer was the amstrad CPC 6128 with a green screen and printer. This weekend I finally managed to get the same machine again and I'm looking forward to tinkering away with it. The floppy drive doesn't work and I cannot test the printer as I am missing the connecting cable.

For the floppy drive I think the fact that shards of rubber belt have been falling out from the case on the way back home I think I know what maybe wrong (I hope).

As for the printer I guess I will have to look into a new cable. Anyhow look forward to chatting with you guys (almost certainly when something goes wrong :) ).

Cunnah.

SkulleateR

Animalgril987

Gryzor

Welcome here!

Have fun falling in love again😀

And yes, obviously the belt needs to be taken care of...

keith56

Welcome to the forum!
Amazing to hear you've got your hands on your old machine again - I take it the machine still powers up ok then?!
Personally my old machine is long gone, but I have a 6128 which has had it's floppy drive refitted with a HxC SD card emulator, which may be worth considering depending on the state of your old disks - assuming you get the drive back up and running.
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

Cunnah

Ahh sorry alas it's not THE exact machine just the exact same model. For ages I had thought that I had was mis-remembering as all the pictures had a different amstrad logo to the one I remember. But it is the same setup I used to have. Funny enough the screen has the same problem my old machine had, touch v-hold and you will regret it.

But thanks for the welcome everyone!

Gryzor

Some contact cleaner would come in handy probably!

betpet

Croeso fellow Welshman! :)
Old Amstrad CPC 6128 owner. New Amstrad CPC 464 and 6128 owner. Getting back the love!