News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hello - Interrupt signing on

Started by Interrupt, 21:53, 15 December 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Interrupt

Hello. I've been lurking for a while and finally got around to signing up. I was an active CPC user well into the mid 90s until my final years of school. Having started programming in BASIC I moved on to Z80 assembler quite quickly and have fond memories of messing about with sprites, rasters and drawing things with OCP Art Studio. I managed to make a small demo (I was a relatively young teenager and the text writer reflects that embarrassingly) and made a start on an unreleased demo. As the Wiki here mentions I was in contact with one of the guys from The Bitmap Vandals in the latter days who sent me lots of their source library (lots of snippets from various places) and I did upload some stuff before I went to university in 1998. Sadly  that code didn't get me to a point of being able to do hardware scrolling properly (I really wanted to get a tiny bit closer to the immense Logon System The Demo) and I feel like I've still got a bit of unfinished business with demos on the CPC. It's amazing to see how much has been done (games and demos) in the years since I was last around the scene. These days I write software in the engineering /scientific world for a living, occasionally get some time to play with home projects and in the last couple of years have dug out some of my retro stuff. 

robcfg

Hi Interrupt, and welcome to the CPCWiki!

I think most of us do have unfinished business with the CPC one way or another, so you've come to the right place  :D

Cheers,
Rob

Animalgril987

Hi Interrupt!
Welcome!
Hope you have a lot of fun here.

Alan.

lmimmfn

Welcome Interrupt, I have a similar story, Programming full time for over 20 years and discovered my love of programming from the CPC. 
BITD I never had access to assembly books or an assembler(only basic but I loved it 😀) but I've made up for that since and love assembly on the CPC.
6128 for the win!!!

skylas

Web: https://amstradsakis.blogspot.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmstradSakis
My programs (only BASIC):
RETRO-LOADSHEET!, PENALTY KICKS!, CAPITAL QUIZ!, CAPITAL QUIZ 2! (Reverse edition), HEADS OR TAILS (ΚΟΡΩΝΑ/ΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΑ), HEART CHASER 1,2,3!, BARBOUTI!, STROOPIE!, AMSTABOO!
TEXT ADVENTURES:
BUDRUMI!, ART WAR!, BATTLE OF LENINGRAD!, RODOLFO SKYLARRIENTE 1 and 2!