News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hello, my name is Eardryer

Started by eardryer, 16:08, 15 December 21

Previous topic - Next topic

eardryer

Hello!
I have owned an Amstrad CPC for several years, mostly using it to run games and demos. I always wanted to compose some AY tunes but never gave a try. It's time to change that  8)
I have zero experience into music composition (all platforms included) so my first tries will certainly be poor. I hope that people around here will give me their opinion to make me progressing.
Any musicians using Arkos Tracker 2 here?

manossg

Quote from: eardryer on 16:08, 15 December 21
Hello!
I have owned an Amstrad CPC for several years, mostly using it to run games and demos. I always wanted to compose some AY tunes but never gave a try. It's time to change that  8)
I have zero experience into music composition (all platforms included) so my first tries will certainly be poor. I hope that people around here will give me their opinion to make me progressing.
Any musicians using Arkos Tracker 2 here?

Hello, mate, and welcome! Great nickname!

Arkos Tracker 2 is super easy and user-friendly, but you should have at least some tracker experience.

eardryer

This is my first song ever... Just an intro adapted from something you may guess  :o

I think it's bad but I had some fun  :D

eardryer

Do you know where I could find a tutorial to compose a chiptune step by step? (not a tracker manual, but a tutorial to compose)

eardryer

eardryer

(if ever such a tutorial doesn't exist, is it possible that an experienced musician explains me the worst points on my music try, and what and how I can improve myself? I would be very grateful for that)

SkulleateR

Sorry, I don't want to hijack your thread but ... is there a stanndalone player on CPC so that I can listen to that AKS file ?

eardryer

I actually don't know how to do this... Help!

dthrone

On the original topic, the article pgs 42-44 in this ACU gives a very good intro to translating traditional music to the psg -

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/ACU_Issue_12,_1990

Use BASIC to try out the concepts!