News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hi everyone!

Started by SyntaxError, 00:51, 06 July 19

Previous topic - Next topic

SyntaxError

Hi folks,

I've literally just joined the group "officially" today - thanks Admins!  Although I've been an avid reader for a good few months now.  I thought it only polite to do a small intro before I start to pick folks brains - haha.

I've been a lifelong AMSTRAD CPC fan having owned my CPC464 (with green screen Monitor - naturally) since XMas of '87.  It was the "17 Free Games and a Joystick" bundle that I obtained - although most seemed to have the 12 games pack.  Dixons must have felt sorry for me.  I obtained an MP2 a few years later and had the pleasure of re-introducing myself to my games collection all over again but this time IN COLOUR!  It's not many systems that give you the opportunity to relive its existing library while its still in fashion but my trusty CPC gave me that experience and I loved it even more.

Amstrad Action and the joy of cover tapes would be my religion for the next 4-5 years.

Later my Dad would obtain the ultimate power in the universe for me.... the GX4000! God Robocop 2 was bloody hard...

My love of computing blossomed in the 8-bit era as did my love for programming and its most likely the single most important reason why I  would eventually become a Computing Science teacher.  When the kids complain about non responsive computers or slow software I like to play the odd youtube clip of Dragon Ninja loading on the good ol' 464 data screams and flashing lights abound - that's right kids - that is how we rolled "back in the day!"

Cheers

Living Life, Loving Retro and listening to the 8bit chiptune of the Robocop theme.... good times!

ComSoft6128

Welcome!

260Z

Welcome  :)

Good to see another 464 getting some love.

keith56

Welcome to the forum! I grew up with the 464, and like yourself (and I suspect many others) it ended up leading me to a career in computing.

I'm not sure if I had the 12 or 17 games pack - I don't think we got a joystick though!

I never owned the GX4000 back in the day, but I have one now, and I agree, Robocop 2 is far too hard - which is a shame as the graphics are great!

Hope you enjoy the forum, and continue having fun with the CPC!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!