News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

I'm back!... Er, what's happened?

Started by Wolfy2k4, 22:17, 19 July 09

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy2k4

I doubt anyone will remember me, I lurked on the zone for a year or two under the nickname "Corazon", but I've been away a good few years since. I contributed with several reviews including one of Feud and Dynamite Dan. Anyways, I'm back and rather shocked to see CPCZone has gone down!
I hope Marc will revive it one day, if I can help, please let me know!

Hello to Gryzor and AndyUk, if you're still around, (only two on here I can recall at the moment)

Gryzor

Hello mate,

I do recall your olden username, so welcome here :)

Unfortunately the Zone was the victim of repeated attacks with code injection (just checked, today Chrome again marks the site as hazardous material), and little by little Malc seems to have lost interest, which is a darn shame, because there was so much good material on there... I had alwo written dozens upon dozens of small reviews, all down the drain :(

Oh well, life goes on I suppose, do enjoy your stay here!

ukmarkh

Welcome back dude...

I think Malc owes us all an explanation? Everyone of us helped or contributed to the site in one way or another, I really miss it in its fulness... and to watch such a great site slowly deteriate is simply unacceptible. Malc helped build a wonderful community, and everyone of us made new friends through the Zones forum. Help us to help CPCZONE Malc, at least give someone the access to help clean things up a little. I'm willing, as would several other people... please don't allow CPC Zone to go down the pan.   

Gryzor

Well, I don't think Malc owes an explanation to anyone really - he's given so much, and he's got personal problems that make the Zone trivial.

But I think that, as a public web page with user-generated content, it SHOULD be given to the public.

I've thought about the wiki several times - if anything happens and it goes down, at the very least ) will give everything to somebody else before I die...

ukmarkh

Make sure WIKI is in your will mate...  :D

On a serious note, I just thought Malc had grown tired of the Zone... just before its demise, he posted an article that sent alarm bells ringing as to its future. something along the lines of 'What if CPC Zone were no more?' And I agree, the Zone should be released to the community. 

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:26, 20 July 09
Well, I don't think Malc owes an explanation to anyone really - he's given so much, and he's got personal problems that make the Zone trivial.

But I think that, as a public web page with user-generated content, it SHOULD be given to the public.

I've thought about the wiki several times - if anything happens and it goes down, at the very least ) will give everything to somebody else before I die...

Gryzor

Heheh no kidding now, I should use some sort of dead man's switch to transfer the passwords to somebody else (knock wood!)... :D

As for Malc, I recognize everyone and anyone's right to just drop whatever they're doing; but it's a shame to see so much content that others created going down the drain...

zeropolis79

I;ll take over Wiki if u want Gryzor.

Gryzor