News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Introduction to CPC World

Started by josepprada, 09:35, 27 April 24

Previous topic - Next topic

josepprada

Hello Guys,

I'm Josep, I'm from Barcelona, and a few years ago I began (like a lot of people) to collect retro consoles, but in the process wanted to learn some basic electronic and soldering skills, basically learn-by-doing, so I'm not and electronic expert. I buy them broken and try to repair them.

First I begin with the retro classic consoles (Nintendo, Sega,...) and eventually came to me an Amstrad GX4000, which I didn't hear before. When I was a little kid, my father learned Basic in an academy, and he decided to buy an Amstrad CPC 464 with diskette, my first computer experience, so I was aware of the existence of Amstrad Computers, but not that they build a console. Nowadays, I'm an IT guy, working with servers, so I think that first Amstrad make love computers.

Anyway, the Amstrad GX4000 was not working, and had both cable controllers cut. So I began the process of try to restore this beauty console. Learning mostly from this forum and wiki.

I have done a lot of work on my Amstrad, but now I'm in a point that the forum does not respond my answer and my skills and electronic tools doesn't allow me to continue, and I decided to write a Post to see if you guys can help me!

Thanks in advance, you're doing a great job here, keeping these computers alive in time ;)

Bye!

robcfg

Benvingut, Josep!

Thank you for your kind words, and don't hesitate to ask whatever you may need.

Cheers,
Rob

josepprada

Gracies robcfg!

I allready created a new post on the Hardware section, to see if I can bring back to live my GX4000.

Thanks!

Gryzor

Welcome! Hopefully you'll find your answers and have lots of fun🙂