News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ready Cursor One (colorful android game)

Started by Arnold, 19:50, 26 January 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

so I have created my first game since the 80s and the style of the game is also 80s (or even 70s).

all of the characters are cpc cursors and one can encounter all of the cpc colors and only cpc colors overall in this game.

so since I had a cpc 464 and have fond memories of that I find it enjoyable to style all of my apps at least somewhat CPCish.

would be my honor if some of you gave it a try out thank you and I hope you are having a good weekend!

BH

( https://simpleappswithoutads.wordpress.com/apps/ )

Gryzor

logiker

Servus!

I Installed it too. And I like it due to it's simplicity. The CPCish style is cool. Great that you kinda come back home :-)

Would you like some more feedback? Well, if not, don't read ;-)

I am not sure about which cursors to collect and which ones to avoid. Are there some small instructions?

In the mobile world I really want to know in advance what is clickable and what is not. Moreover I want to know if a click leads me out of the app. You might add (CPCish) numbers in front of the clickable menu entries. For external stuff you could add an arrow or so.

Pfirti

Logiker

Arnold

Hola, servus and donkschea guys for checking it out :)

Unfortunately I forgot to mention in the initial post that the game is also featuring awesome music by MrLou which definitely makes it worth downloading ;)

Well I might have been somewhat lazy also granted but I also thought this is authentic too.

Also as back in the day one also occasionally got a game without knowing anything about it including what the controls are so I did not want to spoil that fun.

Google Play description and Game Over screen do feature a weblink to all instructions though.

So I made some game and am quite happy about having achieved that ;)

Currently though I have no further ideas or actual projects in the pipeline as for creating apps.

As we speak I might instead be at the beginning of transitioning completely from creating apps to creating electronic music in the future.

Which is quite exciting and all new to me although I do have some other music and instrument playing experience.

Anyway this shall take a while so far there is only a name and page.

Cheers and thanks.

https://facebook.com/Chief89Music/

mr_lou

Congratz for completing and releasing your Android game!

I also tried Android dev some years back, and also managed to release a game, but I gotta say I really didn't like Android dev, so I haven't touched it since.

How did you make "Ready Cursor One"? Using "Android Java" coding? Or using a framework? Using SDL or just Canvas stuff?

Arnold

Hey thanks again for licensing the music it is great!

as for the game programming it is simple and plain android java and from scratch actually also programmed on a phone with a bluetooth keyboard and the AIDE editor app so simple ways also as for my development environment ;)