News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Languages of the CPC!

Started by TFM, 20:07, 17 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

I own a CPC and my native language is...

German
13 (14.1%)
French
16 (17.4%)
Spanish
16 (17.4%)
English
26 (28.3%)
Polish
3 (3.3%)
Russian
1 (1.1%)
Turkish
1 (1.1%)
Portugise
0 (0%)
Dutch
0 (0%)
Chinese
0 (0%)
Korean
0 (0%)
Japanese
0 (0%)
Irish
2 (2.2%)
Greek
3 (3.3%)
Norwegian
3 (3.3%)
Belgian
1 (1.1%)
Swedish
0 (0%)
Danish
4 (4.3%)
Scottish
1 (1.1%)
Romanian
1 (1.1%)
Finnish
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

TFM

Hi all friends of the CPC!

I'm curious to find out how much different languages CPC owners do speak. So best thing is maybe to make a poll and then see if we miss somebody.

Please participate! It will help the development of future multi-lingual games and out of curiosity anyway.  :) :laugh:

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

jbaudrand

Bryce

Nach bhfuil mé vótáil toisc nach bhfuil mo theanga liostaithe.

Bryce.

= I didn't vote because you haven't included my language (Irish, Celtic, Gaelic, Gaeilge, or whatever you prefer to call it)

P.s. We also have Danish, Norwegian, Belgian and Swedish users that probably won't be impressed with the list either, not to mention the fact that you forgot Greek!!!

TFM

Thanks Bryce, it's easy to forget languages. Any other idea appreciated.

I just wrote "Irish". But if there is a big difference in slang in Ireland, then let me know, and I will add.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Carnivius

I put English but my native language is unintelligible growls and grunts...
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Bryce

Ok, voted. Irish isn't a slang, it's a language, it just seems to have many names :D There are also several dialects, depending on whether you come from the east, west, south or Donegal (what the hell are you guys saying :D ). Then there is Scotish gaelic (probably several versions also) which are very similar on paper, but spoken completely different. Old languages = complicated.

Bryce.

XyphoesRe

What about people speaking more languages? as i understand more than one language, my games can also be in english, spain, french, netherlnds, suaheli, Afrikaans, php and perl 5. So maybe a multiple choice will be better to get the best "language" for use at games and programms.

villain

Quote from: Roland Radio on 21:30, 17 April 15
What about people speaking more languages? as i understand more than one language, my games can also be in english, spain, french, netherlnds, suaheli, Afrikaans, php and perl 5. So maybe a multiple choice will be better to get the best "language" for use at games and programms.

Abr native isch bei dir halt schwäbisch. Geits abr au et. :-)

Urusergi

voted!  ;D

only one spanish!! :o a ver si se espabilan mis compatriotas del foro

Dubliner

Quote from: Urusergi on 21:51, 17 April 15
voted!  ;D

only one spanish!! :o a ver si se espabilan mis compatriotas del foro

Just wait and see ;)

TFM

@villain & Rolli Radio: It's about mother language, Bavarian is missing too. And Switzerduitsch and Austrian. Let's keep it a bit easy.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

robcfg

villain

Quote from: TFM on 22:05, 17 April 15It's about mother language.

That's what I wanted to point out. ;-) BTW, there's no Belgian language. They have a chance of speaking three different languages, depending from the region.

VincentGR

Greek, and I even have a disk with Greek fonts  ;D

XyphoesRe

luxemburgian missing too! PAPAYA!  :P

radu14m

Hey, romanian is missing :)

Devilmarkus

Voted, too

Quote from: radu14m on 05:47, 18 April 15
Hey, romanian is missing :)

Vrei să spui că Dracula folosit FutureOS?

@TFM: I added Romanian ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Prodatron

Finish is still missing.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Devilmarkus

archcosmo

Oi mate, you're missing Strine are'nt cha?
why doncha fix that up mate, while I get the barbee fired up and crack a stubby open for ya
:P :P

Gryzor

Silly,but voting :D

MacDeath

Belgian here... you know that Belgium at least has 2 different languages, all coming from neighbour countries, right ?

I mean flemmish is basicall Nederlands variant (just some strong accent) and Wallon is basically french with strong accent as well...

I suspect some poorly chosen choice of choices when you chose the options to choose from in the survey. remove your shoes when you use keyboard with feet.
:laugh:

jokes appart, where are Cobol, Basic, C, Java and Python ?

also I love where the list Finnish.

Bryce

Quote from: archcosmo on 14:44, 18 April 15
Oi mate, you're missing Strine are'nt cha?
why doncha fix that up mate, while I get the barbee fired up and crack a stubby open for ya
:P :P

Just cracked a stubby in support for Aussi being included :D

Bryce.

Devilmarkus

Quote from: MacDeath on 18:52, 18 April 15
jokes appart, where are Cobol, Basic, C, Java and Python ?

You forgot binary.... a nice GUI with tiny icons and 1110101001010101111101 labels...

MacDeath

Also Canadian and American...