Looking for Colour Cycle Demo from the back of a Train Carriage.

Started by AMSDOS, 10:55, 25 October 16

Previous topic - Next topic

AMSDOS

This program made it look like you were on the Back carriage of a Train and would simply perform a Colour Cycle to make the Railway track Move, I'm sure the program also had some UDG of a Bird which was subjected to the Colour Cycle. It was really impressive I thought, but haven't seen it since.

For some reason I thought this program was published in a late ACU. I remember typing it in back in the 90s (which is how I know it exists), but for some reason I thought it was a program which was part of an article and the program itself was written in a non-program font like Times New Roman or some other non-fixed width font. I went thought my ACU collection, but couldn't find it  >:(  And have instead been typing in an Interesting BASIC tutorial guide (from 1991 ACUs) which had program examples also using non-program font. Alias the program doesn't appear to be in that Series.
After ACU folded and CPC Attack began I got about 3 Issues, did they carry on that tradition of printing programs in non-program fonts? I'll have to hunt those down in case it's in there.

I've looked in all my ACUs (apart from a couple of magazines from 1986), I thought it might of been in The Australian magazine The Amstrad User, but it doesn't seem to be showing up there. I'm pretty sure it wasn't published in AA, which kind of leaves CPC Attack which I think did have some BASIC guide in it.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

AMSDOS

FINALLY!! After much searching though all the Magazines I have, I found the program(s) I remembered typing in.

It was from an article from the Australian magazine The Amstrad User, which is actually on the Wiki:

Being Flash with Colours 1
Being Flash with Colours 2

This is probably one of those articles which didn't make it in your European magazines. Ian Barnes the author of the article, earlier wrote Hedge Hog which is a pretty cool game considering it was done in BASIC. For some reason I thought these colour demos were from ACU in a standard typeface format (how wrong was I).

I say programs cause there's essentially 2, 3 if you include the other one (which I have in this attachment), which is difficult to read. Fortunately I was able to use my issue of TAU to check it.

The colour cycle demo which makes it look like you are in the back carriage of the train is TRACKS.BAS. The one that has the bird in it can be TRAIN.BAS or TRAINDEM.BAS. TRAINDEM is the final product which adds the Tracks, draws the Train, some clever use of the Graphics commands (no UDGs are used), create the bird. Finally some Text is added which initially flashes Black & White through the Letters before Scrolling Left & Right off the Screen.

I've made some screenshots of all the Demos:

[attach=2]

Triangle

[attach=3]

Tracks

[attach=4]

Train/Bird/Scrolling Message

[attach=5]

Previous Demo with Tracks Added

The attached zip file includes both DSK & CDT files.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3