News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

mario on ebay

Started by blackdalek, 02:59, 12 August 17

Previous topic - Next topic

blackdalek

1987 Mario Bros CPC cassette starting at 500 euros? What the...?! Isn't that a bit insane?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MARIO-BROS-AMSTRAD-CPC-464-664-6128-COMPLET-/192272004443?hash=item2cc44df55b:g:HJQAAOSwo0JWGoFe

Is this a serious listing?
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Shaun M. Neary

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm guessing it's listed at that price as a 'rarity', as he's hoping some sucker mistakes it for Super Mario Brothers.

Either way, that's LOLmoney and he'll never shift it.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

arnoldemu

Quote from: blackdalek on 02:59, 12 August 17
1987 Mario Bros CPC cassette starting at 500 euros? What the...?! Isn't that a bit insane?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MARIO-BROS-AMSTRAD-CPC-464-664-6128-COMPLET-/192272004443?hash=item2cc44df55b:g:HJQAAOSwo0JWGoFe

Is this a serious listing?
It's far too costly.

But yes there was a Mario game for CPC.
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=1358
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Carnivius

It's a weird one where the loading screen shows what you assume are the game's graphics, kinda crude but colourful and fun, but then the actual game starts up and it's really bland, poor looking 4 colour crud.
Shame cos Mario Bros is a really fun 2 player game elsewhere.  Used to play the version included with Super Mario Bros 3 a LOT!  :D
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Carnivius on 08:22, 12 August 17
It's a weird one where the loading screen shows what you assume are the game's graphics, kinda crude but colourful and fun, but then the actual game starts up and it's really bland, poor looking 4 colour crud.
Shame cos Mario Bros is a really fun 2 player game elsewhere.  Used to play the version included with Super Mario Bros 3 a LOT!  :D

It's actually terrifying to think that the conversion of Donkey Kong (which was awesome) came out the year prior to this. Laziness exposed, basically.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Carnivius

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 11:59, 12 August 17
It's actually terrifying to think that the conversion of Donkey Kong (which was awesome) came out the year prior to this. Laziness exposed, basically.

Yeah I was never a big fan of any Donkey Kong but that CPC version is an excellent port by people who knew what they were doing and a great example of an arcade conversion especially for it's age.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

||C|-|E||

Funnily enough, I played that Mario game with a friend of mine for countless hours evening after evening  :) Graphics are terrible, but handling is really nice. I remember that we always wanted to see "the ending" of the game and we managed to reach level 120 before having to switch off the computer  :laugh:

Shaun M. Neary

First time I played this was actually Christmas 95! It was on a disk that @arnoldemu sent over that year along with a bunch of other stuff.
Fun times!