News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Mark Eric Jones

Started by kolleykibber, 03:15, 30 March 21

Previous topic - Next topic

kolleykibber

Has anybody ever seen an interview with Mark Eric Jones of MEJ software about the CPC?

VintageAdvantage

Unfortunately not. I would be really interested in reading this too. He is the "real brain" behind the CPC... together with Locomotive Software. IMHO Roland Perry did a great job as a manager, but he didn't design the machine (well, maybe its shell with the keyboard and datacorder and so  on -  but the motherboard came later). So he can be the mother of the CPC  :D
There are a few quotes from MEJ in the Alan Sugar book though:

E.g., Page 125: "It was sufficiently close to impossible to do in that time scale that it was a very exciting challenge", Mej remembers.

https://ch.linkedin.com/in/markericjones

Gryzor

VintageAdvantage

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:42, 30 March 21
Ah he's still active...
Somebody from the CPC community should approach him for an interview... ideally that person should be a hardware guy too and speak English natively, and be of similar age and status in the community. I am volunteering @Bryce  for this  ;)

Bryce

Quote from: VintageAdvantage on 16:01, 30 March 21
Somebody from the CPC community should approach him for an interview... ideally that person should be a hardware guy too and speak English natively, and be of similar age and status in the community. I am volunteering @Bryce  for this  ;)

Wow, he must be seriously old if you picked me :D @Shaun M. Neary

Bryce.

VintageAdvantage

Quote from: Bryce on 18:07, 30 March 21

Bryce.
Well, Carpe Diem then, you guys still have some time left to make it happen  :D

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 18:07, 30 March 21

Bryce.

I'll be deeply hurt if I'm not invited to the wedding!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

eto

Quote from: kolleykibber on 03:15, 30 March 21Has anybody ever seen an interview with Mark Eric Jones of MEJ software about the CPC?

that would be really interesting!

And one with the guy who did the Plus...

kolleykibber

The 2014 interview from the Register is the most info I've found, mentions Roger Hurrey who did the gate array also.

https://www.theregister.com/2014/02/12/archaeologic_amstrad_cpc_464/