News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MiST FPGA

Started by ZbyniuR, 21:32, 18 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

ZbyniuR

MiST FPGA - machine already working as Atari ST and Amiga, recently added MSX, ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC. :)
http://harbaum.org/till/mist/index.shtml

MiST FPGA - CPC (beta) - Bruce Lee - YouTube
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

jrodriguezv

Great news. MiST is becoming a great FPGA option for CPC users.

Do you know if the source of that core is available or is it a closed project?
Thanks

Shining

The Mist-Core is a port of this FPGAmstrad - CPCWiki and the source-code of the NEXYS-Implementation is included in the wiki-article.
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

ZbyniuR

CPC core is beta and still developed.
C64 is incoming on very early stage.
http://lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=96
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

jrodriguezv

Thank you for you answer. I will have a look to that link.

Gryzor

I've written about the MiST FPGA q few times, it's probably my favourite piece of retro-related equipment in the house. It's got a large collection of cores by now, and the inclusion of a CPC one will definitely take it to another level :)

remax

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:43, 22 March 15
I've written about the MiST FPGA q few times, it's probably my favourite piece of retro-related equipment in the house. It's got a large collection of cores by now, and the inclusion of a CPC one will definitely take it to another level :)

It might make me buy it...
Brain Radioactivity

TFM

200 Euros...  :o
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Yeah, it's not cheap. But i haven't regretted it for an instance, even if it's been one of the most expensive retro-related buys I've done (I think only my Sam Coupe was more expensive)!

TFM

Can somebody please tell me how to install the CPC Core to the MIST FPGA? Or past a link? Any help is appreciated. [nb]I ask for a friend who needs help. I don't own one in person, can't afford it now.[/nb]

- Where to put the ROMs?

- Does this folder need to have a special name?

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

I haven't tried it myself because mine is away, but why not ask here: FPGAmstrad on MiST-board ?

||C|-|E||

Pity it does not have HDMI output... because it is a nice piece of hardware  :(

Gryzor

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 18:23, 03 September 15
Pity it does not have HDMI output... because it is a nice piece of hardware  :(

Indeed. My idea is it could maybe solve some compatibility/display problems too, but of course the price would go even higher...

seanb

How do you switch between cores?
Is it done on boot or do you have to reflash for lack of a better term?
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Gryzor

No 'flashing' required, but it's got a limitation: the system boots whatever file is named 'core'. That's why most people have multiple SD cards lying around, one for each system.

Metralla

Mist done by Lotharek is the machine, kick all the FPGA clones in one, you dont have to DIY, very little, user friendly, VGA output...

Cores:

ST/STE (alos on SCART 15KHz)-Amiga 500/600/1200 ( AGA CORE BETA core)-C64 (partially - still developed)-Atari 8bit ( 96%)-Collecovision-ZX81-Atari 2600-ZX Spectrum-SEGA GENESIS-Apple-MSX-AMSTRAD CPC (BETA)

freemac

Quote from: Gryzor on 06:57, 04 September 15
No 'flashing' required, but it's got a limitation: the system boots whatever file is named 'core'. That's why most people have multiple SD cards lying around, one for each system.
Each core implements OSD menu (F12), in second page, you can select another core file.  8)

Gryzor

Quote from: freemac on 12:41, 04 September 15
Each core implements OSD menu (F12), in second page, you can select another core file.  8)

Oh yes, forgot about that :)