News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC sold standalone?

Started by Gryzor, 13:08, 26 March 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Now I didn't know about that...

A Littlewoods 1986 catalogue listing three variants of 464/6128:
-green monitor
-colour monitor
-modulator!

Really??

Source in the scan.

Bryce

Yup, that's how it was in Ireland too.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Imagine that. What modulator were they providing?

SkulleateR

Would be the MP1 Modulator I would think ....

eto

In Germany I have never seen option 1, it was always only green or colour monitor. The MP1 and MP2 were always only addons (128DM for the MP1 and 148DM for the MP-2).

Animalgril987

Maybe it was for people that had the green monitor, and wanted to play games in colour  on the family TV when their parents were out....( Not that I would know about such things)  :D

Bryce

Quote from: Animalgril987 on 14:15, 27 March 21
Maybe it was for people that had the green monitor, and wanted to play games in colour  on the family TV when their parents were out....( Not that I would know about such things)  :D

Yes, that's what the modulator is for, but what Gryzor is pointing out is that you could buy the CPC without a monitor and a modulator was included instead.

Bryce.

Animalgril987

My bad, I was only half paying attention.

Gryzor

Quote from: Animalgril987 on 17:53, 27 March 21

Not exactly the end of the world :D

Indeed the times I'd hog the TV when my parents were out... though that was with a SCART cable, not a modulator. The need was real!

Bryce

Quote from: Animalgril987 on 17:53, 27 March 21

Ok, from now on you sit at the front of the classroom where I can keep an eye on you!*

Bryce.

*For some reason that was the sentence I heard most often during my school days.

Gryzor

I had a similar incident during a uni exam, but the proctor sitting at the front was severely cross-eyed. Awkwardness ensued.

Animalgril987

Quote from: Bryce on 12:41, 29 March 21Ok, from now on you sit at the front of the classroom where I can keep an eye on you!*
Sorry sir. It won't happen again, sir. :D

Bryce

Quote from: Animalgril987 on 18:03, 29 March 21
Sorry sir. It won't happen again, sir. :D

I hope not! Otherwise it's Thursday after-school detention for you young man!

Bryce.

Gryzor

Thursday? What was special about Thursdays?

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:37, 29 March 21
Thursday? What was special about Thursdays?

Do you know the story of why the U.S. elections are always held on a Tuesday?... Well it's the same, just different. :)

Bryce.

Gryzor

Ok I under- oh wait...

Well, it must have been nice to know your detention days in advance so you could schedule around it :D

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:40, 30 March 21
Ok I under- oh wait...

Well, it must have been nice to know your detention days in advance so you could schedule around it :D

You mean "make sure that your Gameboy had fresh batteries" ?

Bryce.

Gryzor

My Tetris handheld ran off AA batteries that lasted for days, by the time I could have a Gameboy I was playing hooky with girls or playing basketball :D

Bryce

I was almost finished University when the Gameboy came out.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Ι bet if you didn't get that Gameboy you would have actually finished uni :D

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:36, 30 March 21
Ι bet if you didn't get that Gameboy you would have actually finished uni :D

I was a latecomer. I think I bought my first Gameboy about a year after finishing uni.

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 08:27, 30 March 21
I was almost finished University when the Gameboy came out.

Bryce.

Hah you old fart!
I was 15. Although I did get myself thrown out of secondary school a month or two before I got my Game Boy. :D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Animalgril987

Thursday's USED to be quiz night ( hopefully will be again in the not too distant future)  :D

Anyway, it wasn't my fault, the girl sat next to me kept talking ( good job she won't be reading this!)

awergh

Quote from: Bryce on 12:41, 29 March 21
Ok, from now on you sit at the front of the classroom where I can keep an eye on you!*

Bryce.

*For some reason that was the sentence I heard most often during my school days.
I much prefer to imagine you hearing "put that soldering iron away" or "what are you doing with that soldering iron?"