News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New Member...

Started by pledg, 17:38, 01 December 19

Previous topic - Next topic

pledg

Hi,

I've dug out my rose tinted spectacles and purchased a non working CPC464 with a view to repair. Yes I know a familiar story!
Cosmetically it's in excellent condition and has been completely stripped and cleaned so far.
The 464 was my first computer way back in the day before upgrading it with the floppy drive then selling it and moving on to the 6128 before jumping ship to the Atari 520ST. I love the look of the 464 in my view it's a design classic. I'm looking to getting it operational again fingers very crossed. Hence I'll head over to the Technical section and post for some help and guidance!!!! I recently restored my actual circa 1984 Grandstand Astro Wars from the loft with some soldering of new parts so looking forward to this challenge.

Pledg

adam1977

Welcome, i've only just joined here too  :)

mr_lou

Welcome!

There sure are many newcomers these days. I wonder what's causing such a wave.  :)

keith56

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck fixing the 464 - I'm afraid its outside of my skills to offer advice with your blank screen problem, but I wish you luck in your efforts.

Hopefully you'll be able to get the machine going again, there's a lot of very clever people on here who I'm sure will help.
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!