News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC 3'' disc case 3D model

Started by DoctorCPC, 19:35, 14 September 21

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorCPC

Hello. thingiverse previously had a storage box for 3" floppy disks. this box was a container for one 3'' floppy. I had 3 printed myself with the 3d model. but the 3d model of these 3'' floppy boxes has been removed from thingiverse. For my 3'' floppy disks he wants to print from the storage boxes for this single floppy disk using a 3d model. Does anyone have this STL file? If the owner of this model is around, can you share it again?

My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group

DoctorCPC

hi dear friend,
i dont want to disc driver case. i want to only disc case for 1 floppy with flip cover. i saw this case and printed for 3 piece but this disc case doesnt available now on thingiverse or any source.
My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)

www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics

rambler

eto

Quote from: rambler on 21:43, 14 September 21
You might try this one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3269740
3'' CF2 Floppy Disk Box for 10 disks

I think he means a single box, like the Jewel Cases which came with the more expensive disks.

DoctorCPC

I printed 2 of these. It takes 8, not 10. During the period when I was printing this, I also printed it from covers for a single floppy disk. but now the STL files of the clamshell cases for this single floppy disk have been removed from thingiverse. I have the originals of these multi boxes from the 80s. but I want a clamshell case for a single floppy disk. There used to be models, now the owners of these models have removed the STL files. unfortunately not on the internet. I want to 1 case for 1 3'' disc. i attached example case. i printed this case from STL file in thingiverse but it isnt available now. this is very important case for 3'' disc lover. You can choose any color you like and print it. I printed black, red and green.

DoctorCPC

eto

any chance you might still have it on the SD card of your 3D printer? or in the download folder on your PC?

DoctorCPC

Unfortunately, I don't have a 3d printer. I paid about 3 euros for each and printed them in a printing center. 3 euros seemed expensive to me for a box. because I need at least 40 boxes. That's 120 euros. I can buy a cheap 3D printer for this money. I need the STL file for this. To buy a 3d printer and print 40 of them. I have about 100 pieces 3'' floppy disks. some in original 3'' floppy box. some have original single box.

DoctorCPC

can you help me about this single box 3d model. i think this model creator name is Buttters123 on thingiverse. i sent message to butters123 on thingiverse. im waiting him reply. im lover of 3'' discs. i have got approximetly 100 pieces 3'' discs :) its very valuable for me like jewels...

Cwiiis

I have need for these as well, so I'm going to have a go at putting a model together. Will report back when I get the time to give it a shot.

Cwiiis

Here's my first attempt - pretty pleased, but some adjustments needed. I had to enlarge the pivot holes a bit and when closed, the tolerances are a bit too tight and the inner part of the case bows. It's also pretty flimsy, but given the awkwardness of FreeCAD, I'm not sure I really fancy thickening it up... Maybe just use ABS or some other tougher filament if you want a sturdier case :)

Once I've made the adjustments, I'll put it on Thingiverse and update with a link here.

Cwiiis

And here you go: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4972397

The tolerances are less tight now so there's no bowing when the case is together. May still require finishing around the hinge after printing, depending on how accurate/reliable your printer is, but overall a pretty easy print. Let me know if you want to use it for commercial purposes - I have no problem with that and will certainly grant permission, but I've put it on a non-commercial licence so I can know if anyone ends up using it like that :)

Bryce

I think I'll print one in wood to match my wooden cartridge :)

Bryce.

Kris

I have a 404 error when I try to download to download the file ?

eto

Quote from: Kris on 16:58, 23 September 21
I have a 404 error when I try to download to download the file ?

me too

Cwiiis

Looks like Thingiverse are having issues, I've attached a zip of the STL files.