News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New PCW user here :)

Started by Jasmin, 13:20, 31 January 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasmin

Hi everyone  :D

Just got my hands on a "new" PCW8256 and looking forward to having a play with it. The family of one of my friends as a kid had one of these and I absolutely loved it at the time, and having wanted to get back into programming recently thought it'd be a great platform to play with, so looking forward to experimenting!

One thing I've found hard to find online is disk images for the system, so if anyone can point me to a place to get started that'd be absolutely fantastic :)

GeoffB17

You can find 'standard' images for the system disks via here if you go to the Wiki games, or even a Google search for Amstrad PCW System Disks may get you there.

If you need initial boot disks for CP/M, there are various versions scattered through the various discussions in the 'Other Amstrad, PCW etc' forum, esp any topic regarding booting a PCW, or the uIDE system, and various others.   Or if there's something specific that you're looking for, ask specifically, and you may find a specific link, or a specific attachment.

Geoff

Nich

Quote from: Jasmin on 13:20, 31 January 21
One thing I've found hard to find online is disk images for the system, so if anyone can point me to a place to get started that'd be absolutely fantastic :)

You can download the system disc images from this CPCWiki thread. They're also available from the NVG FTP archive.