News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New User Amstrad 464 no monitor mod

Started by Tee-1000, 12:53, 27 May 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Tee-1000

Hey everyone,

I am now the owner of a 464 for the 2nd time in my life. Sold my 1st one about 25 years ago and always wanted one again. I am after buying a bundle with lots of games but I am asking the seller to only send the tape deck and keyboard because the monitor is green screen and dont want to pay huge postage for green screen.

Im sorry if this question is already answered somewhere else in the forum but I was wondering what I need to do to modify amstrad to work on LCD t.v without monitor. I would like to know before he posts because I dont know if I need any of the leads that might be attached to the monitor.

I would really appreciate any advice please
Thanks a mill

Bryce

Hi,
you'll need a 5V 3A powersupply because the original is built inside the monitor. As for LCD monitors, that depends on what inputs the monitor has. If it's a TV and has a SCART input, you'll just need to get yourself  a CPC to SCART cable (which the seller is unlikely to have), but both the PSU and SCART cable can be bought on ebay.

Bryce.

Tee-1000

Hey Bryce,
thanks so much for the reply. My t.v. had a couple of rgb scart inputs 😊. I was worried that I might need the seller to remove some cable from the monitor. That's great news I can just get everything I need from ebay. Is there any specific seller that everyone here uses for your cpc needs?

Bryce

I'd normally recommend Retro Computer Shack, but for some reason he doesn't seem to have any on offer at the moment. Maybe you could contact him via his internet site? He's based in the UK.

Bryce.

Tee-1000

Will do, I'll drop him a message later and explain my needs and hopefully they can sort me out. Cheers  :D