News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Newbie here

Started by RichTW, 11:55, 23 November 16

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTW

Hi all!

I'm Rich, from the UK but living in Spain.  Never had a CPC but always admired them!  I grew up with a BBC Micro so there's some common interest there... in fact I owe the CPC community for first teaching me how to do pixel-by-pixel vertical scrolling with the 6845 on the Beeb!

Looking forward to learning a bit more about this wonderful machine :)

robcfg

Welcome to the forum!

You've arrived at a very interesting time, when we are having a lot of new hardware and software for the CPC.

Don't hesitate to ask anything you may need!

Where in Spain are you living?

Cheers,
Rob

RichTW

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the welcome :)  Moved to Mallorca 10 years ago in search of new experiences and never looked back!  Seems the CPC was pretty popular in Spain, judging from the Spanish representation on the forum!

I've seen a load of cool new stuff for the CPC recently (I think Edge Grinder was the first time my eyes were opened to what people were still doing).  I'm still involved in the retro scene on the BBC Micro (
this is one of my various unfinished projects), but barely have time any more between work and family!  Would like to have a play around with the CPC when I have a chance - which Windows emulator would anyone recommend?

Cheers!
Rich

Bryce

Quote from: RichTW on 11:55, 23 November 16
I'm Rich...

Yup, you need to be to have a hobby like this :D

Welcome to the forum.

Bryce.

arnoldemu

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

VincentGR

||C|-|E||

Hi Rich, welcome to the forum. In my case it is just the opposite, I am from Spain but I moved to UK  :D  Here, I found that the BBC Micro was actually a very popular computer in the country!

Gryzor

Welcome Rich :) Got a CPC yet?

Kris