News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

great sex

Started by WiltshireWizard, 08:46, 25 June 20

Previous topic - Next topic

WiltshireWizard

is the best

Gryzor

Sales and outlet network, sometimes.

scruss

Not sure if Rogue Trooper is an ideal example. It was a licensed property from IPC, and Piranha seemed mostly to be about producing games with concepts licensed from elsewhere (The Trapdoor, Colour of Magic, etc). They'd still need a developer, and Design Design occasionally did game development on contract (see: Kat Trap on the ZX Spectrum).
The decision might be more like "someone would pay me to do this" than anything else.

skylas

Promoting the game may be a reason too. If a developer is on his own, he not only makes the game, but has to promote it to many sites, make videos, tutorials, speak with magazines for reviews, etc. If someone else does all the rest and the developer just makes the game, it my saves time for him.
Web: https://amstradsakis.blogspot.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmstradSakis
My programs (only BASIC):
RETRO-LOADSHEET ON AMSTRAD CPC!
PENALTY KICKS!
CAPITAL QUIZ!
CAPITAL QUIZ 2! (Reverse edition)
HEADS OR TAILS (ΚΟΡΩΝΑ/ΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΑ)
HEART CHASER 1,2,3!
BARBOUTI!
STROOPIE!
BUDRUMI!
ART WAR!
BATTLE OF LENINGRAD!
AMSTABOO!
RODOLFO SKYLARRIENTE!

EddieRoyaleWithCheese

some times a development house will put games out to different publishers because they may have been cheated out of their money owed or to make sure if one company goes bust that they still have options for themselves

some are independent so have freedom to do this, others are not and work inside the publisher and so have to exclusively work on their games

occasionally like with some people from core they would freelance to make the odd game quick for good money for another publisher when still working at the main company on the side