General Category > General Discussion - Introductions

Project CHR$(143) : a CPC tribute

(1/7) > >>

NJean:

Hi everyone !

Do you remember the "SYMBOL" instruction? That was one of my important discoveries when I started learning BASIC with my CPC!(though my user manual was not very explicit about the meaning of this bunch of numbers you had to provide...)

In tribute to the BASIC little games (full of user defined characters) I used to develop (or type in from magazines) on my 464, I have decided to create a small PC video game, which also includes some references to slightly more popular productions...
First level is simple, but, depending on your abilities, some others may be a little more challenging...

It is now downloadable from http://chr143.itch.io (where you will also find an "official trailer"...)

Comments would be much appreciated!

Nicolas

PS. And thanks to Floyanami too, for the original main menu soundtrack...

Gryzor:
I wanted to draw people's attention to this - it's really enjoyable and the CPC aesthetics is great! Can't understand why not more people have tried it!

Brundij:

--- Quote from: Gryzor on 10:36, 22 April 20 ---I wanted to draw people's attention to this - it's really enjoyable and the CPC aesthetics is great! Can't understand why not more people have tried it!

--- End quote ---
Yeah, for those that didn't try it yet, it's a true love letter to the CPC. And I'm enjoying it even if I am a dumb puzzle games player. Text mode graphics are awesome!

NJean:

Thanks a lot to you both!
I have spent some time designing it, telling myself such things as "My imaginary player might try this, I could tell him that" and so on.. so I really appreciate that real humans (in addition to my beta-tester, no offense, floyanami!) may finally cope with it... and enjoy ;^)

NJean:

Following feedback from several players - some of whom were afraid their brain might melt - version 1.05 now includes more advice and allows skipping a level...

Level 22 is now within reach! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version