News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Rowan Atkinson Amstrad Ads?

Started by zhulien, 12:24, 18 January 23

Previous topic - Next topic

zhulien

I might be remembering wrongly because I couldn't find any on youtube or any references on Google, but didn't Rowan Atkinson appear in a series of Amstrad CPC ads in the 80s?

Gryzor

Did he? I'd love to see them if true! 

zhulien

I'm 99% sure it was definitely Rowan Atkinson - he even did his glasses with his elbows up using his hands as glasses

roudoudou

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

zhulien

I grew up in New Zealand and the ad would have been between 1984 and 1987.

zhulien

Quote from: zhulien on 12:34, 20 January 23I'm 99% sure it was definitely Rowan Atkinson - he even did his glasses with his elbows up using his hands as glasses
He did something like this in it 

https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-girl-making-fake-glasses-hands-smiling-image65737544

(unless it wasn't an Amstrad ad, but I am still pretty sure it was)

mahlemiut

Quote from: zhulien on 17:46, 20 January 23I grew up in New Zealand and the ad would have been between 1984 and 1987.

I don't remember ever seeing Amstrad adverts on TV down here (although I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean there weren't any).
- Barry Rodewald

zhulien

Gryzor

Ah but it's not the mini... 

Anthony Flack

Those Rowan Atkinson Amstrad ads definitely played on TV in New Zealand in the 1980s.

As mentioned, he did the hands-as-goggles thing, and as he did so he said "Biggles".

That's all I got.

rebel1

I may be misremembering, but Rowan Atkinson appeared in a number of Amstrad CPC commercials in the 1980s, despite my inability to find any references to him on YouTube or Google.