News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Sad Photo

Started by ComSoft6128, 09:16, 09 October 20

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

With the exception of the 8256 (@geebus) and one PcW16 (@Habi)  - everything else has one final destination - Landfill :o

Gryzor

Blood pressure just shot up.

Gryzor

Please people rescue those...

mr_lou

ComSoft6128

Quote from: mr_lou on 09:26, 09 October 20
Wott??

Why??

Moved house recently - no space + I'm too tired now to start shifting these down two flights of stairs and along to the Post Office or wherever.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 09:31, 09 October 20

Moved house recently - no space + I'm too tired now to start shifting these down two flights of stairs and along to the Post Office or wherever.
take it to the landfill, it will also cost you effort  :-X
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

mr_lou

Are those two CM14 monitors I can see? Are you saying you're gonna throw those out?

ComSoft6128

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 09:44, 09 October 20
take it to the landfill, it will also cost you effort  :-X

No effort but a few pounds for a waste disposal company to remove.

ComSoft6128

Quote from: mr_lou on 09:45, 09 October 20
Are those two CM14 monitors I can see? Are you saying you're gonna throw those out?

One is in good nick (outer case ) but the CRT is damaged - mode 2 text looks like mode 1 - that machine was used as a power supply only for the Videomaster during testing and was left on continuously for days at a time. The other is filthy/discoloured but I think the CRT is OK.

mr_lou

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 09:51, 09 October 20

One is in good nick (outer case ) but the CRT is damaged - mode 2 text looks like mode 1 - that machine was used as a power supply only for the Videomaster during testing and was left on continuously for days at a time. The other is filthy/discoloured but I think the CRT is OK.

Where are your fellow British electronic gurus? Have them switch the parts around to make one working CM14 in great condition.
Tell 'em they can sell it on eBay.

robcfg

Would it be possible to have the printed materials and disks from one of the PcW16s?

I already have one but without those.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of opening the boxes, I could consider having one fully boxed, if that's ok with you.

VincentGR

This is sad indeed, too bad I'm miles away.

Skunkfish

Argh, I would been keen on a PCW16 but it's more than a 10 hour round trip to Glasgow!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

GUNHED

Please somebody from the islands with a car (or hovercraft) go there and save them!!!
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

ComSoft6128

Quote from: robcfg on 10:28, 09 October 20
Would it be possible to have the printed materials and disks from one of the PcW16s?

I already have one but without those.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of opening the boxes, I could consider having one fully boxed, if that's ok with you.

Any 16 documentation I find I will put aside for you :)

tjohnson

Oh no don't do it Peter!  If you were closer I would come and pick them up and put them in my garage and help get them out to other enthusiasts, but you're at the other end of the country to me and would be a 2 day round trip so not sure I could justify it.

If there is anyway you can extract the pcb out an the cm14 I wouldn't mind having it to try to repair my broken monitor, the tube is fine the pcb is not.  Probably you can't because of the risk of high voltage though.

ComSoft6128

No problem @tjohnson ,

Will take about a week and as they haven't been used in about 25 years I think the voltage risk will be low :)

I'll let you know what the postage is on the day it is sent off.

robcfg

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 15:53, 09 October 20

Any 16 documentation I find I will put aside for you :)

Thank you very much, kind sir!  :)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Oh No! But you are so far away. I'd have a monitor otherwise.

But even I couldn't bring myself to desire a PcW16.

Nomad

If you put them on eBay/Gumtree, people will snap them up. Please don't send them to a landfill.

I'm in London but I'm sure something could be worked out for me to take one machine if needs be. I'd cover the costs for a good courier...