News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Sending your hardware overseas

Started by Deeko, 10:47, 04 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeko

What is everyones preferred courier service when sending Arnold around the globe?

Mines will be going from UK to Germany and just asking about it bamboozled my local post office lafy i.e How much to send this from A to B, shrugged shoulders and dunno was the gist of the response.

dimensions are approx. 85mm high x 330mm wide x 470mm long (8.5x33x47cm)
Weight 2.7Jg

Bryce

If you send it by "Royal Snail" it will be handled by DHL on the German side anyway.

From what I've heard, Parcels2go are the best choice for getting it over here. Just make sure you package it really well, because they WILL abuse it. If it couldn't survive a fall from a third floor window, then it's not going to survive what they do to it.

Bryce.

arnoldemu

I've used parcel force and you can check the prices on-line (choose the appropiate package size and weight and it'll tell you how much). Always package it well.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

arnoldemu

The quickest way to potentially get it into the van is to throw it in ;) I am not saying they'll do this, but assume that any parcel courier may do this ;)

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Deeko

Hmm, thanks for the peace of mind guys :o  I'd be best get a cheap flight over and back to be 100% sure I'm the one who throws and breaks it LOL

steve

You would still have to trust the baggage handlers to throw gently into the plane  ;D , you would probably stand a better chance of it getting there in one peice by putting it in your car and taking it yourself either on a car ferry or through the channel tunnel, you could make it a long weekend and if it is getting repaired, you can bring it back afterward.