News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The end of computer war, the AI is right !

Started by genesis8, 20:29, 22 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

genesis8

I asked to Bing :

Quel est le meilleur ordinateur personnel entre l'Amstrad CPC, le C64 et le ZX Spectrum ?

What is the best personal compute between the Amstrad CPC, the C64 and the ZX Spectrum ?

Les ordinateurs personnels Amstrad CPC, C64 et ZX Spectrum sont tous des ordinateurs populaires des années 80. Chacun de ces ordinateurs avait ses propres avantages et inconvénients. L'Amstrad CPC était considéré comme un ordinateur tout-en-un avec un clavier intégré et un moniteur couleur ou monochrome vert1. Le C64 était populaire pour ses capacités graphiques et sonores2. Le ZX Spectrum était connu pour son prix abordable et sa grande bibliothèque de jeux3. Cependant, il est difficile de dire quel est le meilleur ordinateur personnel entre ces trois car cela dépend des besoins de l'utilisateur.

J'espère que cela vous aide. Dites-moi si vous avez besoin d'autres informations.

The personal computers Amstrad CPC, C64 and ZX Spectrum are all popular computers in the eighties. Each of these computers had its own advantages and inconvients. The Amstrad CPC was considered as an all in one computer with integrated compters and a color or green screen. The C64 was popular for it's graphical and sound hardware. The ZX Spectrum was known for its affordable price and its great number of games. But it's difficult to say which is the best one of these three as it depends of the needs of the user.

I hope that it helps you. Let me know if you need other informations.

Well it could have asked me which model of CPC and ZX Spectrum, bad, bad AI ! But this answer is correct for me, I think the more or less the same thing. The best one was the one your parents bought !

Anthony Flack

I can appreciate that each machine had its own niche.

For a kid learning to program, you couldn't ask for better than a CPC. Great BASIC, excellent manual, its own RGB monitor and 80 column text. If you wanted something for serious work, word processing, home office etc, the CPC would have been a great choice too. It's the reason I have a career in the game industry today, I'm sure.

The c64 had amazing custom chips that resembled arcade hardware. It could do certain kinds of sprite games with smooth motion that made other computer owners envious and it has arguably the rockingest and most distinctive sound chip of all time. Sounded actually good when other machines struggled not to offend the ears.

The 48k Spectrum is a beautiful example of a tiny, cheap design that punched above its weight and made computing affordable to a generation of kids who otherwise would have missed out. I love Sir Clive's original idea for the computer being something that technicians might carry around in their pocket, like an advanced scientific calculator. Such a dork, Sir Clive. As it was it was the computer that almost single-handedly bootstrapped the UK games industry.