News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

WACCI issues

Started by Gryzor, 11:51, 19 April 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there's a complete archive of scanned WACCIs anywhere?

Zoe Robinson

Sadly, not as far as I can see. I'll scan the one issue I think I still have if it will help start a collection.

Gryzor

Hm, it'd be strange not to have a complete archive... then again it's a lot of work!

I think I do have some issues somewhere, I'll have a look.

andycadley

I think the problem is that Brian(possibly???) who was in charge of WACCI still saw it as a going concern for a long time (certainly throughout the csa8 days and possibly longer) and was reluctant to allow anyone to reproduce it as he was still selling back issues.

No idea if that's still the case or indeed whether he'd already have digital versions of them.

AMSDOS

What I miss is their extensive Software Archive :(

I saw a brief description of their archive, but no archive to complement it, which makes it a real tease! :(
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

CraigsBar

I think I have a couple of late issues here. I'll dig them out.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

AMSDOS

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:56, 20 April 16

I think most of the late issues are already online, the issues I have are 85,103,104,105,139 & 140.I have a paper copy of 135 somewhere, though I see issues 82-87 & 107 are online as well.  :D 
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

CPCOxygen

Surely between all of us we got enough issues for the whole collection? We could pool our efforts and scan them all  :o
Eight Bit Magazine The Number One Magazine for the 8-Bits.

Retro Format New Games - Old Hardware.

CPC_Fan

I used to subscribe to WACCI from issue 51 to about issue 90 something roughly. Unfortunately I sold them all, along with the first CPC 6128 that I had and my other hardware and software collection  :o :o  :doh:  :(

It's a decision that I regret and with hindsight, I wouldn't have made...

Personally thought that it was a great fanzine and I did contribute to it a few times. Would love it if somehow a group of us could scan as many issues of it as possible and put up an archive online somewhere.

Zoe Robinson

Turns out I've got 2 copies of WACCI, not just one. Still not a lot, but it's something. :)

ivarf

Gryzor

All issues I've read were great... a real joy to read.

Strange nobody has them all; I would offer to pay for postage and have them scanned, actually!

CPC_Fan

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 22:09, 24 April 16
Turns out I've got 2 copies of WACCI, not just one. Still not a lot, but it's something. :)

Hi Zoe. What issue numbers are they? Any chance that you could scan them and put them online somewhere? If not would you be able to send them to me, so that I can try and scan them and put them online somewhere?

CPC_Fan

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:56, 20 April 16

Any luck finding them at all Craig?

Zoe Robinson

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 21:28, 26 April 16

Hi Zoe. What issue numbers are they? Any chance that you could scan them and put them online somewhere?

They are issues 52 and 127. Quite far apart, I know. It makes me think I may have some of the inbetween issues hanging around somewhere; although given that I seem to have lost every cassette I've ever owned during one of my many house moves while at uni, it's quite possible these inbetween issues have disappeared the same way.

I'll scan them when I get some free time; which is probably going to be after the local elections (5th of May, for those who aren't well versed on UK politics).

CPC_Fan

That would be great if you could scan them Zoe when you have got the time. Of course if you find anymore in the meantime, that would be good as well.

Yeah I know what you mean about moving. I've done it 4 times since 2006 and two of those moves were only 2 years apart...  :o :o

CraigsBar

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 21:31, 26 April 16

Any luck finding them at all Craig?
I am in Florida (for work) this week. So a little but separated from my CPC magazine collection. I'll take a look once I get back.. And have got some sleep.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

arnoldemu

Has permission been asked to scan WACCI issues?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:58, 27 April 16
Has permission been asked to scan WACCI issues?

Oops... awkward. I guess we should!!!

Anyone knows the particulars?  Brian Watson seems to be still offering subscriptions - can that really be?

arnoldemu

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:11, 28 April 16

Oops... awkward. I guess we should!!!

Anyone knows the particulars?  Brian Watson seems to be still offering subscriptions - can that really be?
I don't think there are any published or any active subscriptions but do e-mail him.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Yeah, I don't think so either - last issue is from 13 years ago according to the issues on the site... I will contact him in a few :)

Gryzor

*sigh* Brian's address is not working any more... :( Any ideas?

robcfg

LinkedIn, maybe?

Gryzor

Hm, actually I sent an email to Richard, too. Didn't bounce, let's see! I'll search on LI if no reply...

CPC_Fan

I suppose we should ask for permission really. However I think that it's going to be hard to get in touch via email with Brian or anyone formally involved with WACCI in most cases, as Gryzor has already found out  :(

I used to be in touch with former editor John Bowley on a fairly regular basis. Unfortunately I haven't been in contact with him for a number of years now, so I don't if he still lives at the same address or whether he would remember me or not if I did try and get in contact with him again.