News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Wanted: Brunword Elite v4 Rom Module

Started by CraigsBar, 19:49, 24 July 20

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Hi all.

This is probably a lost cause, But does anyone have the last revision (Version4) of the Brunword Elite Rom Module for a 6128plus that they would be willing to part with for reasonable financial compensation?

If not perhaps you have a CPC version instead (but I'd really rather the plus.)

Many thanks for reading this

Craig

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Maniac

Hi Craig,

I'll double check what version I have at home as I think it's the v3. It's the edge connector variant but works on my 6128 Plus via my Multiface II that acts as my port converter for the Plus if I want to use those peripherals.

Would that be of any use to you?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Maniac on 13:06, 25 July 20
Hi Craig,

I'll double check what version I have at home as I think it's the v3. It's the edge connector variant but works on my 6128 Plus via my Multiface II that acts as my port converter for the Plus if I want to use those peripherals.

Would that be of any use to you?
It may well be, PM Me how much you would want for it :)

Skunkfish

It might be too obvious but have you tried Brunning Software themselves?
http://brunningsoftware.co.uk ?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Maniac

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:05, 26 July 20
It may well be, PM Me how much you would want for it :)

I've tried to PM you but I'm not sure if it worked. Please let me know if not and I'll try again.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Skunkfish on 10:10, 26 July 20

Yeah I tried them a couple of years agot (Maybe more) peter sent me a lovely response saying "Sorry we don't do anything for the 8 bits any more or remember anything to help with what we did[size=78%]"[/size]

zeropolis79

Quote from: Maniac on 12:57, 26 July 20

I've tried to PM you but I'm not sure if it worked. Please let me know if not and I'll try again.

It should be worth noting that the normal 6128 version won't run on a 6128 Plus because the normal 6128 version has ROMDOS built in and that's incompatiable with the Plus machines

zeropolis79

Quote from: Skunkfish on 10:10, 26 July 20

I've already tried them when I was trying to build a collection - but sadly they don't have any copies of any version

CraigsBar

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 21:21, 26 July 20

It should be worth noting that the normal 6128 version won't run on a 6128 Plus because the normal 6128 version has ROMDOS built in and that's incompatiable with the Plus machines

No RomDOS was a Option to have included. it was not included by default. Unless it was originally ordered that way then it will work just fine.

zeropolis79

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:27, 26 July 20

No RomDOS was a Option to have included. it was not included by default. Unless it was originally ordered that way then it will work just fine.

From what I saw of the adverts, it implied ROMDOS was included as standard on the standard 6128 ones.. Must have misunderstood.. well, my Mk4 module has ROMDOS in..

CraigsBar

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 21:31, 26 July 20

From what I saw of the adverts, it implied ROMDOS was included as standard on the standard 6128 ones.. Must have misunderstood.. well, my Mk4 module has ROMDOS in..

Fortunately you were wrong, and I was right eh ;)

Brunword Elite v3 module arrived yesterday, and tested today. it works just fine on my 4128plus and CPC 6128 (With suitable adaptors obviously)

zeropolis79

Is that one in a box or does it looks like the covering has been molded over the board and chips?

CraigsBar

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 20:21, 31 July 20

Is that one in a box or does it looks like the covering has been molded over the board and chips?

Peter brunning potted them all as far as I am aware... Makes it a bitch to read the rom contents... but I guess that is the idea. (Also a bitch to upgrade)

I carefully sawed mine open back in the 90's to dump the eprom. for Kev Thacker so he could support it in Arnold. I kinda wish I hadnlt and am considering repotting it - Possibly with a v4 eprom in it if we know af a known good dump.

zeropolis79

The only other one I've seen besides my V4 module is a prototype shown in an issue of Amstrad Comptuer User.. When I read about it, I was very impressed.(I was a 464 user at the time).

CraigsBar

The v3 works great on my CPC 6128 and CPC 464. I'd still love a v4 with a Centronics connector however (if such a rare beast exists) If anyone has one please let me know.

zeropolis79

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:13, 23 August 20
The v3 works great on my CPC 6128 and CPC 464. I'd still love a v4 with a Centronics connector however (if such a rare beast exists) If anyone has one please let me know.

Wne you say centronics, do you mean the connector used on the Plus? Sadly mine has the standard CPC edge connector..