News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Website announcing new releases

Started by Bug Powell, 17:18, 09 June 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Bug Powell

Hello, it is very hard to be aware of new cpc stuff, implying to visit various websites. Noone had the idea to create a website to announce new releases and all things related to the cpc? It would be fantastic.

XeNoMoRPH

Here , in this forum  :laugh:
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Bug Powell

New stuff announces are lost between many other topics... not a good solution for me.

Neurox66

Quote from: Bug Powell on 17:18, 09 June 21
Hello, it is very hard to be aware of new cpc stuff, implying to visit various websites. Noone had the idea to create a website to announce new releases and all things related to the cpc? It would be fantastic.

yes, it's a good idea.
But not only for the amstrad but for the whole world of retrocomputing  :)
CPC 464+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive - 
CPC 6128+ with Nova, FlashGordon,AmsDap, SymbiFace III -
CPC 6128 with M4 ... and other Amstrad computers

eto

Quote from: Neurox66 on 18:31, 09 June 21But not only for the amstrad but for the whole world of retrocomputing 

NO, please not. No mixing, there are enough retro computing pages out there. Not another one, that is doing nothing special and has few Amstrad content.

Bug Powell

I agree with eto: a website fully dedicated to cpc would be more than welcome. I can't believe it still does not exist. Every platforms have a news website, all but cpc? It sounds crazy.

reidrac

IMHO this is the closest you may find: http://genesis8bit.fr/

by @genesis8 here in the forum.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Bug Powell

reidrac: thank you for the link. But....... are we in 2021? (the website seems so oooold)

reidrac

Quote from: Bug Powell on 20:17, 09 June 21
reidrac: thank you for the link. But....... are we in 2021? (the website seems so oooold)

It is updated regularily and you'll find a post about anything that matters.

Let me get this straight: you are asking about a website that collects news about the Amstrad CPC, and when you find one... do you complain that it looks old?  :picard:
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

SkulleateR

Quote from: Bug Powell on 20:17, 09 June 21
Yes, we all use ooooold computers, so what ?

Look at https://commodore.news/news/index/1/en/desktop ... that looks even older ! ;D

Bug Powell

It doesn't look old, it has style, not the same.

Targhan

I did set up exactly what I think you're looking for here:
http://julien-nevo.com/cpcscene/front/html

This was only a test, and I needed a graphist to improve it, but, well, the graphist let me down and I didn't continue the project. However, I could set it up again.

When the site opens, click on past year (2018 for example) to see the prods. I could continue/revamp the website once again later in the year, with enough feedback. But I'm not really a web-guy, using JS is really a struggle to me :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Bug Powell

That's it!
I can't believe that there is no graphist to help you on this forum. Graphists, are you there?
Too bad that you didn't continue this project, it would be great and I am pretty sure that many people would be glad to visit it (from amstrad world or not).
It is time to open your JS editor  :o

SkulleateR

Targhan

Quote from: Bug Powell on 20:39, 09 June 21I can't believe that there is no graphist to help you on this forum. Graphists, are you there?
Thanks! There's not much to do on the graphic side, a few icons and so on. I have other projects right now, so I won't update this, but I may when my current project ends.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Gryzor

To add to the discussion, there's a news section on the homepage at cpcwiki.eu . But few people bother to update it ;) Also, few people realise that they can edit it and add their productions when they come out...

eto

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:22, 10 June 21
To add to the discussion, there's a news section on the homepage at cpcwiki.eu . But few people bother to update it ;) Also, few people realise that they can edit it and add their productions when they come out...

I am updating the WIKI whenever I realise that something is wrong/outdated (simple stuff usually) but it didn't even come to my mind, that I can update the homepage. I probably thought this is restricted.

Gryzor

Could be restricted but then it'd mean that things would need to be much more organised - have a dedicated team committed to updating etc etc. Thankfully spam is minimal, so we can afford to leave it open and welcoming :)

Thanks for your edits btw!