News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Whatever happened to the Amstrad CPC book?

Started by Nreive, 14:56, 18 January 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Nreive

The CPC book showed such promise and rather being just games, like the Speccy and C64 books out there, the Amstrad CPC book would have included such chapters on the CPC history, software publishers, developers, the games, games that weren't, magazines, defining moments, living on and more.  I know it has been planned, developed for a good few years, but then cancelled and then resurrected again, but it seems to have died since, again.  Will we ever see a CPC book?  It would be a shame if the answer to that is no.
Retroaction - the digital retrogaming magazine

ukmarkh

It's still very much alive... but I'm taking my time, as I've had to write every article myself. I have a Dave Perry Interview, Richard Wilson, Bill Harbison, Richard Aplin and more planned. One hundred games will be covered, with small coverage as to how the CPC versions compared with the other 8-bit computer versions. It's all very time consuming, and the cost to print the book thus far is proving too expensive.

I've decided not to call it 'the CPC book' instead I've gone for 'The book of Arnold' it'll feature the history of Amstrad, Sugar and the CPC in general. I'm doing the top 100 based on each year of the Amstrads life, with a short introduction as to the highs and lows... I'll also be covering the scene that built up around the CPC, and the hardware in as much detail as poss, but hopefully in a fun way. I have help from a well established editor and so far things are looking good.   

Gryzor

This is very, very heartening. I've said it in the past - if you need some help do give a shout...

Nreive

Nice.  No word from the guy who came up with some of the ideas originally then?  Good of the "established editor" to lend a hand though.  If you need any additional help let me know, although bear in mind that I have other projects on the go -- as you will know ;)
Retroaction - the digital retrogaming magazine

ukmarkh

I'm fine at the moe, and really enjoying doing all the re-search... was great speaking with Bill Harbison (Chase HQ), and i'm sure everyone will love the interview. If anyone can supply me with contact details for Cliff Lawson, Roland Perry and William Poel, and a few other 8-bit legends I'd be eternally grateful.