News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Wanted - ROMBOX

Started by TopBanana, 12:28, 23 May 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TopBanana

Not sure where to ask this, apologies if it's off topic but I can't see a 'for sale/wanted/swaps' area :-(

Just asking on the off chance that anyone has a ROMBOX they no longer need.

Cheers

Ynot.zer0

I have two (normal and maplin version) and neither are for sale.... they're pretty rare to find nowdays and accordingly they fetch a high price.
If you're good with a soldering iron, I'd save the time / cost etc... and checkout making one of these: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/MegaROM

:P

TopBanana

Well I did think there was somewhere between no chance and no chance at all, but you never know, someone may have one they don't want :-)

I've looked at the DIY ROM/RAM pages and wish I could use a soldering iron, however, I always end up picking up the wrong end ........ lol

Gryzor

Unfortunately, as ynot.zer0 said, these are hard to come by. I bought mine several years ago and have only seen a very, very few on eBay - which remains your best chance, I'm afraid :(

xesrjb

,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

Gryzor

Yeah, I saw that beast, too! It's ugly :D

TopBanana

Well it's ugliness didn't stop it going for (what must be a record price for a ROMBOX) €316 ! :o

xesrjb

Quote from: TopBanana on 11:40, 06 June 11
Well it's ugliness didn't stop it going for (what must be a record price for a ROMBOX) €316 ! :o

316 € aren't ugly ;)

xesrjb
,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

Gryzor

Ay, caramba!!!

Wait till Bryce designs and builds some of these at a cost of 10 euros, this guy will look soooo silly!

Bryce

It would cost less than that to build, but why would I want to? It's the size of a f@€kin' aircraft carrier!!! The MegaROM has 16 slots and is tiny in comparison :)

Bryce.

Gryzor

Well, it would look sweet with one of the IBM drives you *are* going to interface to the CPC :D

TopBanana

So, ROMBOX procured, now I'm after a Multiface ... and lo and behold one popped up last nigh on ebay  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;D ;D

Happy Days  :P

TopBanana

I should have bought loads of these years ago - a whopping £326 (not €s !).

Bargain ! :laugh: