News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Who is Roger Jowett

Started by Executioner, 01:33, 28 May 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

He actually befriended me on Facebook! I accepted just for the fun of it :)

MacDeath

Holy shiet...
this thing is now spaming my youtube account :

Quoteconvert jsut anythign smaller than 16x16 is sprite bigger use two or four 
        hardware scrolling has to save 90% of processor time 
        chuck wee brother a light gun with time saved 
        audio for dma more time saving 
        pitythe t-rex board doesnt have a 24mhz R800 core with 24 bit tru   colour palette and 8 bpp 256 colours with horizontal palette switch   every 256 pixels it would be ¼ of the ram a pc uses for the same   thing.... 
        we cant find programmers toconver t128 stuff to sam 48 works fine but 128 is ram paging nightmare

Quote89
        beg your pardon speccy port to amstrad are you sure? what about   cpc+ version? 16 hardware sprites scrolling three dma on the ay8912   listen to the atari st music its identical to arcade and that was ay8912   ...

Quoteyes you commented on the rtype video 
        i was just curios i looked at a few + demos for cpc and they are   utterly excellent - well i mean the video on youtube is utterly frikking   dreadful but if you bother to run the software in winape or any other   cpc+ emulator - so far i cant find one that emulates the french   keyboard? or the 24mhz z84 in the t-rex board - although the t-rex board   doesnt make it terribly clear whether it supports the + features and if   it does what happens to them when you plug it into a + cpc! 
        not that anyone would be so daft 
        you dont have a modem? 
        did u try sim coupe?/winape?

Quotecga? 
        160x200 16 colours like sorcery+? 
        couldnt believe that program when i saw it! 
        modem is international standard but none of uk isp allow you to   use it as god intended - the serial interface is supposed to affect it   somehow but the sodding modem driver is fixed at comport of 115200 when i   have disabled the motherboards onboard serial interface and installed a   hi speed pci serial at 921600bps - this only has two comports there are   ones with four - so we just need to keep pestering the   telecommunications industry - lets face it when they privatised here in   the uk they sacked ½ the work force - this was not so they could offer   teh cusotmers fairer prices or better service it was to stuff the   managers pockets with wads of cash so they could buy german cars and   muslim oil facist cunts! 

have you tried sim coupe at all on a pc? 
        have you seen prince of persia? or lemmings on sam? 
        which someone would use teh cpc+ features for these two on amstrad   - ½ the programs form the 80-90's would look and feel much better using   the extra hardware but i guess they should have added an extra 16kb of   video ram and a couple of extra video frame buffers certainly 15 colour   sprites running around on a 320x200 four colour background will be a bit   werid no? and wouldnt 15 colour sprites at 320x200 look a bit odd   running around on a 160x200 background in 16 colours - only needed a   second video frame and interlacing might have made things look much   nicer!   

did you see the cpc+ demos on youtube site? very smooth those   balls easy 50hz - what  shame teh t-rex 24mhz z80 interface for the cpc   doesnt add teh + features - although theyd have to figure out what to do   with them when the thing was connected to a + machine? 32 sprites - bit   daft! 

did you try f-16? have you seen it on cpc?
:'( :'( :'(

How can I get rid of such a Troll ?

I think we should be carefull, I've heard eastern crackers are notorious for raping you computers and they were all formed on speccy clones provided by KGB...

I had internet problem today, I'm sure he used my PC as a Zombie to hack Polska national bank via a spectrum colourclashield....

???
Help !!! :-[

I just see i am finally not a real Asperger... this guy sure must be.

Devilmarkus

Today I got a message from him via youtube...
hi   To:javacpc

shirley
java+pc +cpc+=
no screen third lost for scrtolling on cpc program ported to cpc+
hardware scrolling
dunno how it helps road race stuff only sprites i guess? no scaling objects unless they are 16x16 or multiples thereof        sam coupe demo atom lite happy 20th birthday ati hi deff Edwin Blink Atom Lite Leszek Daniel Chmielewski
BMP2SCR Andrew Collier Python script

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B89owy4IGOzuZDdmNmE5MzYtMWRmOC00M2Y1LTliYmYtYWQ0YmZhNzJmZDZh&hl=en&authkey=CMiitMsP

3mb version- needs sim coupe fast disc access
video is 30mb

http://cid-1c842d5b23e1e0e2.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/retro%20x%20lcd%20bmp2scr/bdos%20first%20attempt%20at%20hdf%20screen%20without%20dosuntitled

this is auto program to run screens u still need bdos from Edwin Blinks' website here:

http://www.samcoupe-pro-dos.co.uk/edwin/software/bdos/bdos15a.zip

sim coupe:

http://www.simcoupe.org/download/

bdos from Mr Blink:

http://www.samcoupe-pro-dos.co.uk/edwin/software/bdos/bdos.htm#BDOSDISK

this bdos does not include masterbasic and there is no masterdos style networking support as yet...
isn't she gorgeous!
8bit rooolz!
full 226mb version ist hier:... Mehr

Well I don't understand any here :D
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

The WTF continues... I think it's a bot gone mad.

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

EgoTrip

Its NOT a troll, its a spammer. Trolls are something entirely different. Some people make a lot of money out of spamming, enough to make a comfortable living. Work from home, posting ads in as many places as possible, and they get a share of the revenue from link clicks.

Gryzor

Well, I don't remember seeing any spam link in his postings...

Executioner

Apparently I was tagged in 3 of his photos yesterday.

Gryzor

Me too, but it doesn't mean he did it, it's probably some spam app (which I reported).

McKlain

That has to be some strange retro-computing kind of aspergers.

Gryzor

Yeah... he always seem to start making a point or a question and then he trails off in other retro-related things without making any sense. I'm puzzled and a bit embarrassed.

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:14, 27 September 11
Yeah... he always seem to start making a point or a question and then he trails off in other retro-related things without making any sense. I'm puzzled and a bit embarrassed.

Don't take that fake serious, that's a waste of time.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Optimus

Wow!

I got this guy contacting me through youtube. Posting similar big rants about these stuff. He really seems to be in Sam Coupe as he has many videos of Sam Coupe demos there.

Anyway, I saw this link to this thread today in Pouet.

I like those people. Like Sotsoft, like Solo2 or Seel or other pouet robots, like all those weird guys appearing out of nowhere in our internet reality and you wonder who the fuck is that?

p.s. Sotsoft told me to tell you he is a robot with a z80 in his brain.
p.p.s. Wow, I just realized I had almost normal correspondance with this guy on youtube. Crazy!

Gryzor

Hahaha! yeah, I think you put it right; it's bizarre, but not offensive.

roger

sam coupe demo atom lite happy 20th birthday ati hi deff

help this video was removed by youtube
she had 1,500 vooz already
if anyone can help lcd to add to bmp2scr mode 3 interlaced animation support with hmpr bit 5&6 for 16 colours per scan line on sam coupe
i would be very grateful
also if anyone understands the snapper disc on the velesoft site
i was hoping she would accept any SNApshot from mgt disc but she doesn't
was hoping she would run 48k SNApshots  in sam external 1-4mb ram area above 32768 at 6mhz would be nice for 3d vector stuff like
elite
mercenary
gyron
sentinel
startstrike
starglider
carrier/battle command
skyranger
turboesprit
cholo
most 3d vector stuff
flight sims....
freescape stuff....
if you get ambitious you might wanna look at the article on Simon Owens' site about mode 1 contention from the asic
maybe we could add line interrupt controlling screen on/off at lines 0 and 191 would make small difference enough to balance out the two line interrupts!number of KB on a standard cpc464
64KB?
do i need the KB
was it 32kb rom?
we don't include that even though you can use it especially for basic no?
still no sign of cpc+ interface for bog standard cpc

please help z80 coders wanted
rtype for cpc new version looks fantastic
sam has 4 bits per pixel and two bits per pixel modes like cpc

AMSDOS

I get the feeling this Roger Jowett is kind of like another well wanted person with the initials JA. Though I'm assuming there could be a few Roger Jowett's out there.  :o
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Jason Aspinall

I had the misfortune to sell this complete fruit cake my Sam Coupe a number of years ago.  Had nothing but trouble from him since including a barrage of spam emails and two unsuccessful (thankfully!) PayPal chargebacks on the SC sale to him.

Avoid, like the plague!

db6128

Everything he says makes my brain hurt.
Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:04, 27 February 12
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.
Did he also say things like "My treasureeeeee" and is he a little grey guy?

AMSDOS

Quote from: EgoTrip on 16:08, 25 September 11
Its NOT a troll, its a spammer. Trolls are something entirely different. Some people make a lot of money out of spamming, enough to make a comfortable living. Work from home, posting ads in as many places as possible, and they get a share of the revenue from link clicks.

That sounds like one of those Job Adverts where they promise big money for sitting on your computer at home all day.  >:(

Oh okay, hi Guest JA, I was thinking of somebody else.  :D

Your Computer Programs

db6128

I disagree that there's any possibility of it being an automated spammer. Only a human is capable of generating nonsense as extreme as this. Particularly when said nonsense has such a disturbingly obsessive fixation upon one machine and specific features of its video subsystems.

Perhaps this should be used to design the next generation of Turing test? At least then his posts might have the potential of contributing anything to the world.
Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:04, 27 February 12
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.
Did he also say things like "My treasureeeeee" and is he a little grey guy?

Gryzor

He's very human, and he's not a spammer.

Please, stop talking about him. I only allowed that guest comment because it was a warning, but no point discussing the man.

MacDeath

Depends on the number of ass per gears.

;D

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 01:07, 04 January 13
He's very human, and he's not a spammer.

I thought that was what everyone was saying?  :o

I'll cease discussion.

Your Computer Programs

ramajet

it is the same machine as the amstrad - not quite in the cpc category
you have the same sound chip as the st and zx 128 - we don't quite have the same as the enterprise
anyone got sid tunes running on the CPC+?3xdma cant do sid tunes?
can anyone interlace cpc+ screens?
is there any hardware that gets more of the lower modes 16 colours onto a higher rez modes 320x200
sam coupe can use two bits of the HMPR port to get the next four colours so that it might be possible to squeze 16 colours per scan line
though very processor intensive - see the demo on sam coupe.cz - in the coding section if anyone is interested
i was hoping someone might try to help lcd with his bmp2scr program
clearly this forum is not for pc or z80 programmers
sorry for sending you an email the great thing about emails is that as you type the address it is not validated and any attachments are also not validated instead it sends the sodding thing to no one rather than check that anyone has an email address first....
eggnchips
oh yeah we just figured out that the two snapper discs from the velesoft site run zx spectrum stuff at 6mhz using sams' external ram
you need sim coupe 1-4mb external ram - its an option in the emulator menu system so even your krew aught 2 be able to handle it
written by a machine
ha! have you seen what passes for inlgish....
number of KB in a standard cpc464 - dunno how big was the rom? oh you dont include that in fact if there was ever a dictionary spell checker it would completely ignore all the rom code

TFM

Welcome back Roger. All the answers to your questions can be found in the CPCWiki.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus