News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Who is Roger Jowett

Started by Executioner, 01:33, 28 May 10

Previous topic - Next topic

db6128

Should I feel complimented that I was one of the people who was targeted by the latest round of off-topic questions and stream of consciousness, in the sense that it might indicate a perception that I'm somewhat skilled or knowledgeable?

Quoteclearly this forum is not for pc or z80 programmers
See, you drop this little insult in here as though the forum is devoid of programming skill simply because no one jumps at the chance to (A) program for a system that they have no experience with and/or interest in and (B) sift through your nonsensical ramblings in an unrewarding attempt to work out what you're talking about.

Quoteha! have you seen what passes for inlgish....
Oh wow.

Quotenumber of KB in a standard cpc464 - dunno how big was the rom? oh you dont include that in fact if there was ever a dictionary spell checker it would completely ignore all the rom code
Stop saying words.
Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:04, 27 February 12
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.
Did he also say things like "My treasureeeeee" and is he a little grey guy?

arnoldemu

Quote from: ramajet on 11:55, 11 March 13
it is the same machine as the amstrad - not quite in the cpc category
the sam?

or the plus?

plus is a cpc, with extra hardware features.

you have the same sound chip as the st and zx 128 - we don't quite have the same as the enterprise
correct. we have ay, enterprise has "dave".

anyone got sid tunes running on the CPC+? 3xdma cant do sid tunes?
I believe it has been done on +, but not released.
Not done on cpc yet.

can anyone interlace cpc+ screens?
yes, as easy as interlacing cpc screens.
store one screen at &4000 and one at &c000 and switch between them each frame.

is there any hardware that gets more of the lower modes 16 colours onto a higher rez modes 320x200
on aleste clone yes, not on cpc or plus.

ok, using plus sprites you can get pixels that are the same size as cpc's mode 2 (which is 640x200), in 16 colours.
So yes it can be done using sprites with some limits again ;)

video hardware has access to base 64k ram only, so you can't do this as extra hardware, it must be a hack.

it may be possible to increase it's clock, so you have mode 0 with higher clock, but then z80 will be slowed because of more memory accesses needed to show wider screen.
not really possible.

sam coupe can use two bits of the HMPR port to get the next four colours so that it might be possible to squeze 16 colours per scan line
though very processor intensive - see the demo on sam coupe.cz - in the coding section if anyone is interested
it's part of it's hardware.
on + you could setup a raster interrupt and change the colours multiple times on each line, so you can get more, but there are limits.

i was hoping someone might try to help lcd with his bmp2scr program
please be more specific. what help is needed?

clearly this forum is not for pc or z80 programmers
clearly you don't read the forum.

number of KB in a standard cpc464 - dunno how big was the rom? oh you dont include that in fact if there was ever a dictionary spell checker it would completely ignore all the rom code
cpc464 has 64k ram, 32k rom.

how does a spell checker change this fact? do you compare to another machine.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Devilmarkus

I gave a perma-ban to rogerjowett.
Also deleted all his postings he made today.

I hope that you all agree with me ;)

(If not, we can of course recover all his superintelligent postings)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

McKlain

I agree z80 6mhz dma border buzzer plane rotation turbo DOS disk access help.

Devilmarkus

Sam Coupe or Sam Fox?

McKlain

I would ride her coupe anytime. If you know what I mean.

Devilmarkus

So Sam Fox's Coupe?

+1 that.

AMSDOS

Quote from: McKlain on 15:42, 07 May 13
I agree z80 6mhz dma border buzzer plane rotation turbo DOS disk access help.

I'll Roger that!  :D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

arnoldemu

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 15:41, 07 May 13
I gave a perma-ban to rogerjowett.
Also deleted all his postings he made today.
it's a sad day.
My games. My Games

Devilmarkus

Well at least his threads have their own forum:

The hall of ... (No, not Roger)

tastefulmrship

Unfortunately, I cannot answer this thread's original conundrum ("Who is Roger Jowett?"), but I do know who Roger Ramjet is! Is that close?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ramjet

- JTMS...

Optimus

It's a shame, I really liked this guy, even though he didn't make much sense.
He always begs about that bmp2scr or that velesoft something port from spectrum to sam coupe. I wonder what happens if someone codes these, is he released from insanity? :)

Oh and the Sam Coupe, I learned about it from Rogers videos on youtube, then found it's an interesting 8bit. I'd like to buy one some day, pitty that one guy at ebay now sells at it 799pounds(!!!). Is it really so rare?

Gryzor

Nah, got mine for €300 or thereabouts, that's the usual going price. Don't know - maybe they one you found had something special to it?

ralferoo

I think part of the problem was that like the plus they were released quite late for an 8-bit machine, but they were also pretty expensive because of the built in drive. IIRC, they went on sale for over £200 when the Amiga was available for under £300...

So, they were in the kind of price bracket that was directly competing with the Amiga and ST, but with far less features, so I think their primary market was programmers who loved the Speccy but wanted more options.

arnoldemu

Quote from: Optimus on 09:46, 11 May 13
It's a shame, I really liked this guy, even though he didn't make much sense.
I agree. Strange thing is that if you read it carefully, it does make sense, or it did to me.

He could do with reading what he has written, and organising his thoughts a bit better.

I can clearly see he's a fan of the sam coupe, but he's interested in comparing other 8-bits to it to gain understanding of what they can do.

My games. My Games

AMSDOS

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:36, 13 May 13
I agree. Strange thing is that if you read it carefully, it does make sense, or it did to me.

He could do with reading what he has written, and organising his thoughts a bit better.

I can clearly see he's a fan of the sam coupe, but he's interested in comparing other 8-bits to it to gain understanding of what they can do.

I could read the more recent stuff which is in the Hall of Shame, though it's very difficult to put into context what their responding to. And people like me won't be able to decode the Hardware talk which maybe sheer genus overloading my simple processing brain.

Your Computer Programs

Optimus

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:53, 11 May 13
Nah, got mine for €300 or thereabouts, that's the usual going price. Don't know - maybe they one you found had something special to it?

Just found two sam coupe at ebay bidding for around 100-150. While this is great opportunity, before discovering this I also bid for a CPC with tv modulator (gotta try fast my 30 years megademo entry I will be working on, in the real thing too) and said to myself no more expenses this month. Nah,. I'll have to wait for another opportunity like this some months after.

remax

If you google "this is auto program to run screens u still need bdos from Edwin Blinks' website here:" which was in a Private Message to Marcus, earlier in this topic, you see that it is repeted word for word several times  at different place in totaly differents context.

So that's clear, it's a bot sending random sentences.
Brain Radioactivity

Bryce

He has sent me PMs and answered PMs I sent him. It must be a very clever bot.  ;D

Bryce.

McKlain

He left a message in one of the video captures of the "Wake Up!" demo, asking if the demo was made for standard or plus CPCs.

remax

Quote from: Bryce on 20:53, 06 June 13
He has sent me PMs and answered PMs I sent him. It must be a very clever bot.  ;D

Bryce.

How did he answer? :D Was it intelligible?

If yes, it might be the bot "father" that took the hand for once.
Brain Radioactivity

McKlain

I think that the spam bot is just inside his head.

Bryce

Quote from: remax on 05:36, 07 June 13

How did he answer? :D Was it intelligible?

If yes, it might be the bot "father" that took the hand for once.

He answered in a similar style to his posts.

Bryce.

arnoldemu

I believe Roger is real.

His use of English and his use of punctuation (full stops, commas, quotes etc) could be better.

Although it seems generated, there is something behind it, there are genuine questions so this is why I believe he's a real person. Yes, he may write down things as he thinks them, and perhaps his mind switches back and forth between ideas quickly, so they may be a bit mixed up, and perhaps he never reads it back to himself, or perhaps it all just makes sense to him. Certainly it's different to what we expect.

Perhaps he's "different" to us, and that may explain it, but I don't have trouble with his postings.

I can tell he loves his sam coupe... that is obvious.

do I understand it? not all and it's hard going to understand where he's going with his questions and ideas, but if I try hard enough I can see most of his arguments.
My games. My Games

AMSDOS

I agree we could be dealing with someone who is real and that we could be dealing with something has a different way of thinking, which would be difficult to pick up on the Internet, they may even be Handicapped, people like that can certainly use a computer, though it's difficult to know without getting to know the person in person, cause they maybe normal and just have a funny way of writing things.  :'(

Your Computer Programs