News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hi there!

Started by Benedikt, 10:56, 12 May 24

Previous topic - Next topic

Benedikt

Hi there!

My name is Benedikt and I am new to this forum and relatively new to the CPC world, but have some experience with low level (vintage) PC programming and hardware tinkering, which I hope will turn out to be useful.
All in all, I am interested in both, the software and the hardware side of the CPC universe.

When it comes to diving into the inner workings of CPC hardware, I figured: What better way could there be than to... build one?
Yes. My ultimate goal is to build a CPC-compatible machine, but that is clearly a topic for a new thread.

Gryzor

Welcome Benedikt!

Please do open a thread about your project, would really like to know more🙂

Benedikt

I just clicked the "post" button.  ;D

This is the thread.

dodogildo

Quote from: Benedikt on 10:56, 12 May 24My ultimate goal is to build a CPC-compatible machine
Hi! And yay!
M'enfin!

BSC

Welcome, that's an interesting project you have before you. You are not by any chance planning to make a video series out of this ..?
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Devlin

Welcome welcome! Looking forward to your project, it sounds very interesting!
CPC464 & CPC6128 + USIfAC II + Revaldinho 512k(universal cpld ver) - Schneider CRT TV
Administrator of Amstrad Discord : https://discord.gg/ksWvApv