News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Writing DSK images to 3.5" floppies

Started by joska, 17:34, 14 July 12

Previous topic - Next topic

joska

Quote from: 00WReX on 11:04, 31 July 12
You should be able to format your disks for 720K on a USB floppy under Windows 7...try it from the command prompt.

Thanks, I will try this.

Gryzor

Quote from: joska on 22:51, 20 July 12
I actually had to format a floppy on my Atari Falcon

Ohhh how I hate you :D The Falcon is the one machine I'd want to get... :(

joska

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:37, 31 July 12
Ohhh how I hate you :D The Falcon is the one machine I'd want to get... :(

Hehe! I have two of these, a plain one and one with an Afterburner and Eclipse graphics card. I also have a Milan060 and a FireBee, so it's pretty obvious which platform I prefer to spend $$$ on :D

Gryzor

Well, it's a platform you *can* spend on after all. Excluding prototypes and ultra-rate titles on the CPC there's not much that will set you back a significant amount...

It's one of my olden days unfulfilled dreams - drooling over the Falcon photos in magazines in the early nineties... But I can't bring myself to spend the asking price now for a machine I know won't be used much apart from running Falcon-specific titles :(

joska

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:47, 31 July 12Excluding prototypes and ultra-rate titles on the CPC there's not much that will set you back a significant amount...

That's one of the things I like about the CPC. I also have some MSX's but "everybody" are using MSX2+ with lots of expansions, I can't justify spending that much money on something that's pretty useless (but cool). I'm actually *using* the Ataris, especially the FireBee and Milan, so I don't feel bad spending money on them.