News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Your Earliest Memory of the CPC?

Started by Badstarr, 21:35, 23 October 11

Previous topic - Next topic

joska

And probably the most expensive one too.

robcfg

I have an Enterprise 128, and I can tell you it's not the most expensive piece in my collection...

kelp7

Quote from: Badstarr on 21:35, 23 October 11
I already posted about this in another thread  Re: GX4000 mod not going well console dead? :-(  I thought it was an interesting topic. The CPC was the very first computer I ever encountered as a 3 year old, well I might have been nearly 4 but I guess you could say it made an impression! 26 or is it 27 (?) years later and I'm still hooked! All the amazing advancements in graphics and cpu power and nothing has ever managed to amaze me more than playing 3D Star Strike for the first time all those years ago! So how old were you when you first used or saw a CPC what impression did it leave on you?

I didn't own one but my best friend did (a 6128). I don't really recall what I saw first but I remember Roland on the Ropes I think and Harvey Headbanger perhaps being the first things I saw. Loved Nemesis and Nebulus on there and we had great times swapping turns playing Laser Squad against each other. Also Trapdoor was interesting indeed!

joska

Quote from: robcfg on 12:48, 08 July 14
I have an Enterprise 128, and I can tell you it's not the most expensive piece in my collection...

I actually saw one on eBay today at a surprisingly "reasonable" price.

dragon

Oh, in 1987 in my communion, searching a gift for me :). I remember the kapy store.. And vaguely the seller of shop Teaching my parents computer. Oh i was impressed because the seller was very fast typing in the cpc keyboard I remember thinking, who it is able to write at that speed?.

The next I remember, es the army moves in the screen, and the next to this is mentally cursing the seller for letting me 5 seconds only the game.

Latter I remember the seller tell to my parents,the store was about to close, and that we could not leave saved.

Next i remember is a my parents tell me "the 6128 color is too expensive so Choose, 6128 in green phosphor, or 464 in colour."

I was defeated by A) the army moves colors. B)My total ignorance on disk or tape(or becasue the games tape were cheap). and c)  the gnore the difference between 64 or 128k.

So my 464 in colour go to home.....

The next I remember, is see the closed shop after returning from vacation i think ... "phew, luckily I bought before".

Now, the place of the shop is ocuppied by a mercadona :).

I do not remember anything else from the store, only the cpc and seller :).

BluesBrothers

Quote from: Trebmint on 12:03, 07 July 14
Yes, there have only been a few pieces of hardware I ever really really wanted. The Enterprise was the first. Then the Konix Multisystem and now the Oculus Rift

I have 4 of these (Enterprises) in varying states atm ::)

Zoe Robinson

You're all making me want an Enterprise now.  :)

BluesBrothers

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 16:09, 10 July 14
You're all making me want an Enterprise now.  :)

Honestly they're not that amazing IMHO but I suppose it depends what you're into

MacDeath

Enterprise 64/128 is basically a mix of CPC with some speccy video modes as well... somewhat exotic and lacked the same Software support as CPC and Speccy... basically almost compatible with both as well (need to port though)

main issue ? in built Joystick, but no in-built Disk drive...  ::)

steve

It had two custom chips to handle graphics and sound, maybe they could have made the Enterprise better than the CPC.