News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

464 plus to 6128 plus disk drive issue

Started by lordoftime, 15:54, 10 April 24

Previous topic - Next topic

lordoftime

I have done the upgrade and as far as i can tell its working the arndiag finds a disk controller, the ram is there and working but i just cant seem to get a disk drive to work - i am using the internal header as i couldnt get hold of the connector for the rear and i am using a 34 to 26 pin adapter thing but im not sure its made correctly can anybody offer some advice?

https://we.tl/t-tksKwcj3Kp

SerErris

As a service adding your pictures directly. You can attach pictures here directly, no need for wetransfer.
Proud owner of 2 Schneider CPC 464, 1 Schneider CPC 6128, GT65 and lots of books
Still learning all the details on how things work.

SerErris

your cable looks wrong ..

Compare to this in CPCwiki. take esp. note on the sideway diagram, which shows, you white connector is the opposite way of how it should be.

Your connectors boths facing up on the cable (2.jpg) and the should be the white facing down if the black is facing up.
Proud owner of 2 Schneider CPC 464, 1 Schneider CPC 6128, GT65 and lots of books
Still learning all the details on how things work.

lordoftime

hi there thanks for the help guys, yea i figured the cable was wrong - late last night i got it working using a 3inch drive and a external 5v supply. managed to get auf monty and oh mummy loaded from disk so looks like my 464 plus to 6128 plus upgrade was a sucsess! 

lordoftime

i have now also fitted the external drive connector and was wondering if i need to do anything to make it the default A drive? i followed the guide with the wire from a pin of the internal drive but it just makes the disc access unreliable.