News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

[solved] 6128+ black screen no led

Started by jbaudrand, 14:46, 22 April 22

Previous topic - Next topic

jbaudrand

hello, I'm trying to repair my bros 6128+, and all I got is a black screen with no led power On, every condo seems to be ok I haven't got a voltmeter, and honestly don't know what to do with it. all I know is that it was working one year ago. It was well stored and well handed during all this time. I've tried on his power supply and on my amstrad monitor, I switched basic cartridge both with no luck. I've contact my closest retro gaming shop they don't repair amstrad anymore. Any idea?

dragon

I think probably can be the switch on/off that don't work. 

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Fixing_the_power_switch

Or maybe a problem with the power connector. 

Because you don't have led and  the led its the first thing that recieve electricity. If you don't have led you don't have electricity coming in to the cpc. 

eto

Quote from: dragon on 20:53, 22 April 22Because you don't have led and  the led its the first thing that recieve electricity.
Is that the same on the Plus and the CPC?

I haven't looked into my Plus yet, so I don't know if they suffer from a similar issue with the power switch or if the LED is also connected to power directly. 

dragon

I think yes there are only

a) the power connector.
b) l101, c124, c125
c) the switch on/off
d) service manual switch the 5v into the light gun socket and the infinite.
e) the led was connected to the infinite with only r113 in the middle.

https://archive.org/details/Amstrad_CPC464_Plus_Service_Manual_1990_Amstrad/page/n6/mode/1up?view=theater

jbaudrand

Thanks for all your answers. i will see what I can do with my limited skills :)

jbaudrand

I've tested the switch with the voltmeter in continuity mode, and founded no signal, is it possible to find this kind of switch new?

pelrun

Easier to just carefully bend open the metal tabs and then give the insides a proper cleaning.

dragon

You have the tutorial in the  link I posted up. Is valid for the plus.

There are alot of switch models in electronics shops. But you need found one with similar specs and that fit in to plus case. It's better try fix it.

There is another tuto (use Google traslator).

https://castman.fr/wordpress/retrogaming/amstrad-cpc-464-comment-reparer-le-bouton-power-la-solution/

eto

Quote from: jbaudrand on 15:39, 23 April 22is it possible to find this kind of switch new?
It's probably just dirty. Check out the link, a repair is really easy.

dragon

Anyway you can Chek first if it boot making a bridge between the two switch points with a screwdriver.

jbaudrand

I would like to thank you, I've succeed to repair the switch thanks for your tuts.
I progress, slowly, I have others things to restore, the disc drive, doesn't seem to work, will check the belt. the video output doesn't seems to be ok on the CRTsony, It can't stay on RGB despite I put a touput source in the video cable to prevent his.

dragon

You don't have another tv/wire to try?.

jbaudrand

I will test it on my 6128+ monitor tomorrow :)

jbaudrand

it's definitely bros' CRT that is faulty: it's perfect on both my monitor and my own CRT sony. I make another topic on the appropriate board.

I'll check disc drive tomorrow, hope it's just the belt.

dragon