News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

6128 plus problems (keyboard and floppy drive)

Started by Loupingre, 21:17, 13 June 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Loupingre

Quote from: Bryce on 13:58, 26 June 21
What does that mean? You looked and found none? Or you're assuming? Have you checked the joints on the power connector and then checked whether the motor turns at all (they can be very quiet without a belt).

Bryce.
Hi Bryce,

Yes, I've already looked and done some re-soldering on J2. When the CPC is switch on, I 've measured 5V on J2. It seems to me that the motor never turns on.

gerald

It might be Q3 that is blown (just behind J2). You should see 5V on each side of its 2 pins. If not, just short it  ;D .

Loupingre

Quote from: gerald on 15:45, 26 June 21
It might be Q3 that is blown (just behind J2). You should see 5V on each side of its 2 pins. If not, just short it  ;D .

I've got 3,35 V on Q3, is it bad or not ?

Loupingre

Bryce

Quote from: Loupingre on 16:25, 26 June 21
I've got 3,35 V on Q3, is it bad or not ?

On which side of Q3 do you have 3.35V? Input or output? Either way, both would be bad, it should be 5V.

Bryce.

Loupingre

Hi Bryce,

* On J2, I've got 5V between pin 4 and pin 3/2.
* On Q3, I've got 3,3V today between the 5V track (red probe) and the other (black probe), and -3,3V between the other track (red probe) and the 5V track (black probe).

[Edit] Quick update ! I've "shorted" Q3 (with a small wire) to do a test and the drive is working (I've successfully launched Robocop ^^)! Is Q3 a fuse or something like that ?
I 'll prefer to replace the component instead of leaving the wire (if I can find something which can replace Q3).

Loupingre

Hi all,

Back from holidays :) Any advices about the Q3 component ?

Bryce

We never quite worked out what Q3 is, but it's assumed that it's some sort of fuse. I just short it out as you did when I find one that has failed.

Bryce.

Loupingre

Thxs Bryce ! So my 6128+ is fixed, I'll just need to add an external hxc/gotek :)