News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MP-3 Audio / Video not in sync.

Started by Jurassicc, 17:07, 06 July 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Jurassicc

Hi looking for some advice on an mp-3 I picked up on a well known auction site a while back. 
Today I tested it with one of my CTM644 monitors. I plugged in my Playstation 1 into the rf socket. I get a nice picture, well nice for RF, when tuned in but nothing put hissing for the audio. If I detune the picture slowly I get the audio but when the audio comes clear the picture has gone. Tried with my C64C and +4, same issue so it definitely related to the mp-3 TV Tuner. Only way I can describe it, its as if the video is on channel 36 and the audio is on 35. Is there a way to get the audio back in sync with the video ?
6128 with Gotek, 464 with DDI-3 & 464 with FD-1

Jurassicc

Ah replying to myself here. After doing further research it would appear that my problem is that my mp-3 is expecting a PAL G signal and my retro gear is PAL I. 
Switching the PS1 modulator to PAL G proved this. So the MP-3 is good but only in phase with a PAL G signal.
All this faff just to play some light gun games.  ;)

eto

Afaik the Playstation supports real RGB output. With an adapter it might be possible to feed the RGB directly to the CTM and use external speakers for the sound. 

dragon

Because you have  the English version. The Spanish version have b/g.

Jurassicc

Quote from: eto on 12:36, 07 July 22Afaik the Playstation supports real RGB output. With an adapter it might be possible to feed the RGB directly to the CTM and use external speakers for the sound.
Reason I went down the MP-3 RF route as opposed to the the RGB route, is because RGB limits you to just the brightness control on the CTM. RGB scart adapter was my first port of call, but I was not happy with the colour and contrast levels. So I have decided to use the MP-3.

dragon

Mp-3 English pal I only rf
Mp-3 Spanish pal b/g. Only rf
Mp-3 French secam L rf and composite scart. Accept pal composite using sony sfr1000 pal secam converter.

Mht ctv-001 pal only rf. 
Mht c-8  8 channel pal b/g rf only
Mht c-10 8 channel accept rf/composite input.
Prototv 8 channel/1 av channel rf pal din 5 input/output composite (mono) rgb input with din 6.(cpc pinout). 

Screenvision unknown. 
Dktronic unknown. 
Syntox-cts unknown. 
St_629-rf, pa/l secamcomposite scart. 

I think are all tv converters.