News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CTM644 Dead

Started by caver99, 11:39, 25 November 22

Previous topic - Next topic

caver99

i have a CTM644 that started to get frame collapse, went to test voltages and blew the fuse.
not the monitor is completely dead.

reading some of the posts around looks like STK7308 might have died, and possiblly some passives.
i have a new STK on order and some 2a fuses.
not the same playing the amstrad 6128 on a lcd.

caver99

the  STK7308 has arrived, what other bits should i check before putting the new part in?

caver99

off up to a tv repair guys house tonight with the monitor and parts to see if it can be diagnosed properly.
and hopefully repaired, unless i need to buy more parts for it.

caver99

well turns out ic501, d507 and r501 are dead and either ic401 or ic402 is gone for frame collapse

caver99

New parts ordered at a total cost of £12.59, wait to arrive and fit and fingers crossed the monitor lives

Bryce

One of the issues I've encountered on several monitor repairs (repair attempts) is that the STK rarely goes out alone. In almost all cases many other parts had also failed. Unfortunately it's incredibly difficult to find out which happened first. Was it the failure of the other parts that killed the STK or did the STK failure kill the peripheral components?

Bryce.

caver99

the STK went because of me, i blew it, as well as the resistor and diode, them monitor only had frame collapse and me poking about on the hot side shored it and it popped the fuse.
first wase frame collapse then the STK

Bryce

Ok, then that's a different situation. I'd replace the known broken parts and all electrolytic caps. That will bring it back to a semi-working condition, with possibly still a collapsed frame. If the original problem is still there it's most likely be the LA1385 or one of the driver transistors that still needs to be replaced (depending on what type of collapse it is).

Bryce.