Compiling parts for 464+ to 6128+ upgrade, one question

Started by Rurnin Bubber, 08:11, 02 May 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Rurnin Bubber

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on buying a suitable toroidal inductor for this upgrade. My normal supplier is backordered until October - https://ie.farnell.com/wurth-elektronik/7447021/fi-line-choke-100-0uh-2000ma/dp/2082528 (even though the parts list states the value as needing to be 125uh, the parts lists then references this 100uh component).

Anyway, am I strictly locked into buying a 125uh 2amp coil, or is there some leeway like there is with capacitor values where the voltage rating being higher is ok? Can I use a 3amp coil instead? And is 100uh definitely ok instead of 125uh?

I'd appreciate any help/advice here, many thanks

Bryce

To answer the question as asked, yes 100uh would be fine too. To answer it a bit further: The CPC will work fine if you just bridge the component with a piece of wire too. The inductor is there to stop noise from the drive getting back to the mainboard and causing problems, but isn't absolutely necessary. My plus has been running fine for years with just a jumper wire.

Bryce.

Rurnin Bubber

Quote from: Bryce on 08:32, 02 May 22To answer the question as asked, yes 100uh would be fine too. To answer it a bit further: The CPC will work fine if you just bridge the component with a piece of wire too. The inductor is there to stop noise from the drive getting back to the mainboard and causing problems, but isn't absolutely necessary. My plus has been running fine for years with just a jumper wire.

Bryce.
Super, many thanks Bryce  8)