News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cpc 464 ramupgrade options?

Started by Drummel, 16:01, 26 March 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Drummel

So I got my cpc 464 up and running, togehter with a zaxxon ddi clone and a HxC. It took alot of time and hard work but now it works. But I feel that I need one final thing before its perfekt: more ram. I want to be able to play the 128k games and demos. I cant really find a easy solution for it, despite reading the wiki and forum.

What and where can I buy to upgrade my current cpc 464 setup? An how do i "install" it?

arnoldemu

Quote from: Drummel on 16:01, 26 March 16
So I got my cpc 464 up and running, togehter with a zaxxon ddi clone and a HxC. It took alot of time and hard work but now it works. But I feel that I need one final thing before its perfekt: more ram. I want to be able to play the 128k games and demos. I cant really find a easy solution for it, despite reading the wiki and forum.

What and where can I buy to upgrade my current cpc 464 setup? An how do i "install" it?
x-mem and "mother x4". :)

Talk to forum member ToTO.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Drummel

Quote from: arnoldemu on 16:12, 26 March 16
x-mem and "mother x4". :)

Talk to forum member ToTO.

I know about the x-men a bit(It seems great) but does it work with my setup? How do you connect it? Now i have amstrad cpc 464->zaxxon ddi clone -> HxC.

gerald

Quote from: Drummel on 16:20, 26 March 16

I know about the x-men a bit(It seems great) but does it work with my setup? How do you connect it? Now i have amstrad cpc 464->zaxxon ddi clone -> HxC.
It will work with a bit of work.
You will need a MotherX4 to put the XMEM on it and  then and edge adapter on the passthrough connector of the motherX4  to connect the zaxxon DDI clone.

If only zaxxon (Piotr on CPCWiki) did listen about adding a passtrough connector or M4X compatible connector .....

SRS

This one -> CPC4MB RAM upgrade -- 8bit Projects For Everyone

Or maybe here : Internal 64K upgrade for the CPC464

On the other hand: I have a Dobbertin self-upgraded to 512k since late 80ies but in fact i nearly never needed it (ok, as fast RAM-Disk, but most 128k programms also need the 6128 ROM, so ...)

Even further I am still "mentally stuck" to 64k developing for CPC today :D