News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Where to source parts?

Started by dave, 16:43, 03 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dave

Hello

I have two CPC464s.  I originally bought a PCB rev 3, which has a broken tape counter (the reset button is snapped off), and the O and P keys look like someone's been using a drill on them - both are badly ground down for some reason.

So I bought another, listed as "broken" on eBay as the tape player wouldn't open, with the intention of using it as a donor - when it arrived I realised it wasn't identical as I thought - it was a PCB rev 0.  The tape deck turned out to be a very easy fix - also replaced the drive belt while I was in there.

The rev0 is now in better condition than the rev3, and I'd like to get both back to mint condition.  So, what I need:

Rev 0: Replacement power connector (the power cable is extremely loose when inserted as the black plastic is cracked).
Rev 3: Tape counter, replacement O and P keys (or entire keyboard).

Any idea where I can find suitable parts (other than the obvious eBay which has turned up very little so far)?

Thanks!

TFM

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum!

With some luck people can help you here with hardware parts. Else you can also look a Amibay.

However I would suggest to get a 6128 anyway.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dave

Hello.

Yeah, I'm working on getting a 6128, but I really wanted a 464 as I first had one in 1986 and it's what I started programming on (which I still do today for a living).  I hit 40 recently and got a sudden urge to track down all the retro systems I've ever owned - already picked up a Sega Megadrive II (it was only £10 - really wanted an original), an Atari 2600, and the two 464s. :)

JonB

Hi dave

This is how it begins... Then one day you realise you have something like 40 old computers lying around with no time to play with them. You have been warned..

:laugh:

Bryce

I think I might still have spare Tape counters. I'll let you know.

Bryce.

Bryce

Hi Dave,
     I've found a few of those tape counters. They are not original CPC parts, but I know that @beaker successfully installed one of these in his CPC, so they must be pretty close. I haven't tried, maybe beaker can say more about it. If you want one, send me a PM.

Bryce.

Yrouel

Quote from: Bryce on 21:17, 08 April 15
I've found a few of those tape counters. They are not original CPC parts, but I know that @beaker successfully installed one of these in his CPC, so they must be pretty close. I haven't tried, maybe beaker can say more about it. If you want one, send me a PM.

Hi, where did you find them? I have a 464 with a broken tape counter and I can't find anything that seem to match on ebay

Bryce

I bought a batch of general (not specifically 8-bit computer) surplus parts from a dealer and there were 5 of them in it.

Bryce.