B drive read fail (any drive as B, including internal!)

Started by pelrun, 03:38, 06 June 15

Previous topic - Next topic

pelrun

Now that I have my 3" internal drive working again, I'm trying to work with the HxC.

Unfortunately, I get constant read errors from it. If I put it as drive A (either ABBA switch or disconnecting the internal drive and changing the jumpers) it works fine.

If I use the ABBA switch to put the internal drive as drive B, then I get read errors from *that*. ???!!!??!

I've reverted the ABBA switch mod but it doesn't appear to change anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

CraigsBar

Are you using parados? If so you need to tell it that drive b is 40track single sided, as it defaults to 80track double sided.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

pelrun

Yes I am! Thanks, that was it. Damn thing drove me nuts, it didn't seem to make any electrical sense.

Now I have to go rewire my ABBA switch that I ripped out...

CraigsBar

Quote from: pelrun on 10:22, 06 June 15
Yes I am! Thanks, that was it. Damn thing drove me nuts, it didn't seem to make any electrical sense.

Now I have to go rewire my ABBA switch that I ripped out...
oops. At least the cause is software and easy to fix. Lol. Oh, it you change the format of your discs to parados 41, then parados recognises them regardless of the drive setup. It also sort of works the other way round too, parados 80 formatted discs in a drive configured as 40 track. But you need a side switch to use the full disc that way.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode