CPC 6128 PARADOS ROM Problem and its not working now

Started by DoctorCPC, 08:51, 18 October 21

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorCPC

The Amstrad CPC 6128 had PARADOS on it. I could turn it on and off with a switch. this switch was soldered to ROM. but made contact. Then I think the legs touched. At this time, when the device is turned on, there is a very deep high-pitched sound and there is no image on the screen. what can I do? I have another Amstrad CPC 6128 broken motherboard. If I install the ROM on it, will it work and fix without PARADOS?

My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group

Bryce

Both questions are difficult to answer without testing the CPC.

For a start, it's not known whether the failure is in the ROM or the CPC motherboard. My guess is that there is still a short somewhere around the ROM. You shouldn't power up the CPC again until the problem is repaired, you could be causing more damage.

Bryce.