News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

EME-157 drive hooked up to PC/Kyroflux

Started by fgasking, 13:02, 06 May 24

Previous topic - Next topic

fgasking

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had experience of hooking up a EME-157 drive (taken from a broken 6128 Plus) to a PC or Kyroflux device and if they could advise on the power connection?

I'm aware that there are voltage differences, and that you have to use a flipped version of the power cable - but I understand that the EME-157 is 5V only.  I have purchased this cable that comes with a modified power cable: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/135035278228 - but have a feeling the power connector isn't going to work due to the voltage differences. I'm sure that I read somewhere that just using a standard 3.5" drive connector from a PC supply on the EME-157 would work fine, but I can't find reference to it now (maybe I dreamt it!) and thought I'd check in here first, before potentially blowing the thing up!

Not able to test just yet anyway, as the drive belt has deteriorated and have just ordered a replacement in. I'm hoping to get the drive working, so that I can preserve 3" disks from time to time (commercial or unreleased for Games That Weren't).

Any recommendations/suggestions would be really welcome, and apologies for my lack of confidence in this area!

McArti0

For many years I had a 3inch drive as drive A in my PC. 3" floppy system disk formatted in DOS 5.0.  :P
CPC 6128, Whole 6128 and Only 6128, with .....
NewPAL v3 for use all 128kB RAM by CRTC as VRAM
TYPICAL :) TV Funai 22FL532/10 with VGA-RGB-in.