Author Topic: Cpc6128 Disc Missing, worth keeping?  (Read 493 times)

Offline diazibon

• CPC464
    • Awards
Cpc6128 Disc Missing, worth keeping?
« on: 17:44, 12 October 21 »
Hello everybody,
I received yesterday a 6128, but when i do Cat i receive the disc missing error, with all disks. The strange thing is that if i extract the disk and put it inside again, it works for a moment and then it gives the disc missing error again. Everytime i get the disc out and in, it works for just a moment.
I also received a 6128plus that stated as not working. Should I replace the drive for testing?
Is worth keeping both? Don't have much time, so i think the question is, would be easy to fix, or better i return them?
Thanks
« Last Edit: 17:46, 12 October 21 by diazibon »
No reactions

Offline Shaun M. Neary

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • BASIC 1.0 - Ready
    • Awards
Re: Cpc6128 Disc Missing, worth keeping?
« Reply #1 on: 17:49, 12 October 21 »
Drive belt is worn down. Replace it (make sure you don't lose the write protect pin in the process), good as new.
Members reacted like:
diazibon,Shaun M. Neary,
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Offline SRS

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Schneider CPC464 - what else ?
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 19:56, 12 October 21 »
Hello everybody, I received yesterday a 6128, but when i do Cat i receive the disc missing error, with all disks. The strange thing is that if i extract the disk and put it inside again, it works for a moment and then it gives the disc missing error again. Everytime i get the disc out and in, it works for just a moment. I also received a 6128plus that stated as not working. Should I replace the drive for testing? Is worth keeping both? Don't have much time, so i think the question is, would be easy to fix, or better i return them? Thanks
Hello everybody, I received yesterday a 6128, but when i do Cat i receive the disc missing error, with all disks. The strange thing is that if i extract the disk and put it inside again, it works for a moment and then it gives the disc missing error again. Everytime i get the disc out and in, it works for just a moment. I also received a 6128plus that stated as not working. Should I replace the drive for testing? Is worth keeping both? Don't have much time, so i think the question is, would be easy to fix, or better i return them? Thanks
Don't believe Shaun. Your 6128plus is broken and you can send it to me so I could give it into green correct recycling ...

:)

Suppose the drive belt ist broken/to hard, too. How to change: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjC2I-0q8XzAhUBGewKHbFbA1YQwqsBegQICxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxWElIIjtvAo&usg=AOvVaw06cgRO7tPf64rbMQOE8AC3
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjC2I-0q8XzAhUBGewKHbFbA1YQwqsBegQICxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxWElIIjtvAo&usg=AOvVaw06cgRO7tPf64rbMQOE8AC3
Members reacted like:
Prodatron,diazibon,

Offline diazibon

• CPC464
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 00:02, 13 October 21 »
 :) ok! I'll try. I'll tell you when it's done.
Thanks a lot both.

No reactions

Offline diazibon

• CPC464
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 00:00, 14 October 21 »
Hello,
I haven't changed the belt already, but i have recorded a video of the driva working case it is useful.

https://youtu.be/cJ5wXEEXeiU
Thanks!
No reactions

Offline geebus

• Amateur Geek
  • Supporter
  • CPC6128
    • Gee-k.net
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10:26, 14 October 21 »
Is the belt still there? sounds like the motors going but the disc isn't turning.
Easy enough fix. Whilst you're in there you might as well clean the read/write head :)
No reactions

Offline diazibon

• CPC464
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 13:53, 26 October 21 »
Hello!
I received a belt, i have tried opening the drive for changing it but i can't. The videos I see are different models. Anyone has seen one like this?
The belt seems to be there, but the disc only starts rotating when i turn it with the hand. Is that strange or only an old belt?
Thanks!

No reactions

Offline Bryce

• The Hardware Guy.
  • Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • It's not broken, it just hasn't been fixed yet.
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 14:06, 26 October 21 »
There are several short cables that you will need to unplug from the PCB to get better access to the belt.

Bryce.
No reactions

Offline diazibon

• CPC464
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 14:28, 26 October 21 »
Thanks Bryce,
Done, and working! Had to remove a small pcb with a led for having access.
It was easy, and now works great.
Thanks!!
Members reacted like:
Bryce,eto,geebus,