News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC464 - broken key - replacement solutions?

Started by YuT666, 09:37, 14 February 18

Previous topic - Next topic

YuT666

One of my 464s has two broken keys.

The stamps (cross) are broken and one of the keycaps.

It's hard to find single stamps and key caps and i wonder if someone has made 3d print of those stamps.

Any Infos?

Thanks.

Tom

Chinnery

It's not a solution as such, but I have a spare 464 keyboard also with some broken keys which I am just holding onto for the sake of it. It is the old style keyboard, as you say with a cross on a post to hold the key - using a PCB rather than a plastic membrane.

If you tell me which keys are broken I will remove them and send them your way.

On mine, it is the +- key, the _0 key and numeric keypad 8 that are broken.

Here's whats left. As  I say, the +- key is actually held on by magic... it is actually broken.

YuT666

That would be great ... i'll write you a pm asap ...

Gryzor

Can a 3D printed accessory handle long-tem tear and wear in this case?

Bryce

Probably, but it's extremely hard to get a smooth surface, it would always feel rough unless you gave it a blast of acetone vapour and then you lose detail.

Bryce.

DoctorCPC

I printed the cpc 464 key on a 3d printer, it was great. as key and plugger. but was there a spring in between? ie CPC with old logo uses 464 big keys. but I don't remember if there was a spring in between.
My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group