News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Floppy 3p 1/2 inside a 6128+

Started by Guy0me, 23:39, 01 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy0me

Hi everybody I ask for a little help in case .. if someone could enlighten me or see my distress SOS on the beach hot sand  :laugh:
I'm currently installing a drive 3p 1/2 on my 6128+ and I have some problems we will say ..
I prepared the cable with all the things right .. the ready signal .. still A reader selector face etc. .. I followed the tutorials arranged on the net... I have put the red wire to 5v right (thus reversed) I even reversed the two masses .. ;D
When I turn on the cpc I have the reader LED that lights .. but there is always a but .. when I do a CAT I hear mechanism noise early in the drive (as when it changes faces) and nothing machine doing a DISK MISSING and turns in the void .. I tested another drive and it do it too .. (one that is installed is a Sony .. and I also tested a Mitsumi it is the same) ..:  :D
So here is my saying that could be the pin on the connector that was done wrong (in case 2 son touching) I removed everything and I redid the pin-zero and its still the same ..
thank you in advance guys.  :D
I forgot maybe its the problem i have an AC supply for the cpc 5v 3a is it possible that i don't have enought power for the floppy..

Subaru

FR

yo

Tu forces le drive en A et il faut pas.

Fais ùB et CAT pour voir.

ENG (google trad)

yo

You drive forces at A and must not.

Make ùB and CAT to see.
"A L'HEURE OU BLANCHIT LA CAMPAGNE... (COURAGE, FUYONS !!!)"

Sorry, for my bad english. -> googletrad

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Subaru

FR
Oui. Son probleme vient du fait que son montage est mauvais.

ENG
Yes. His problem is that its assembly is bad.
"A L'HEURE OU BLANCHIT LA CAMPAGNE... (COURAGE, FUYONS !!!)"

Sorry, for my bad english. -> googletrad

Bryce

That's a wierd (and complicated) looking conection cable, where did you get the information for that? Try the cable here, but the drive needs to be set to DS0 for this to work properly: DIY:Floppy Drives - CPCWiki

Bryce.