How does the CPC 464 work without a dataset PCB?

Started by DoctorCPC, 03:33, 07 December 21

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorCPC

You won't believe it, but I found an Amstrad CPC 464 that crashed and got stuck in water in Istanbul. Even the keyboard metal was rusty. I cleaned the rust with vinegar water. took days. Then I primed 2 coats with anticorrosive paint. I have now applied the first coat of paint. Now I'm waiting for it to dry. I will then apply a second coat of paint. I cleaned all the parts. but the dataset and the PCB above it had become irreversible. Even the screws on it were not unscrewed. for this I had to trash the dataset with the PCB on it. but the 8 wire socket from the motherboard was going to this PCB. Power key and volume control key were also connected to this PCB. Can I directly connect volume control, power button and power light to this 8 wire socket without dataset PCB? Can I even give direct aux input to this socket? I am attaching the socket and other components I mentioned as a picture. In short, I don't have the dataset and the pcb on it.3 important components attached to the pcb. and the pictures of the socketed cables going to the motherboard are below. only there is no dataset PCB in between. Can the on/off, power light, volume potentiometer and also the aux be connected directly to the 8 wires going to the motherboard? the result is no longer a dataset.

My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group

Devlin

Yes, though I am only aware of the power switch that can be wired directly into the datasette cable.

As for power LED, and wiring for REM/IN/OUT I'm not so sure - I would imagine so, but I don't know the pinout of that particular cable.

Someone more experienced could definitely tell you, though.
CPC464 & CPC6128 + USIfAC II + Revaldinho 512k(universal cpld ver) - Schneider CRT TV
Administrator of Amstrad Discord : https://discord.gg/ksWvApv

gerald

The Tape drive PCB is handling the audio amplification to the speaker. So you will have to replace this if you want sound on the CPC. You will have to use the jack to an external amplifier otherwise.

The power switch can be connected to the mother board connector, as well as the led.

DoctorCPC

@gerald
i can connect the power switch and power led directly to the motherboard connector. I understand that. I need a mini amp for sound. but how can i connect it to which cable? Powerful and inexpensive external amps are sold. also what wires do i need to connect the power switch and power led? After I get the amp I can attach a speaker and a potentiometer switch to it. provides this output. so what should i do for aux input? Even if there is no rem key.

@devlin thanks
My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group